- Issued by: OSCE Mission in Kosovo
- Requisition ID: ADM00000U
- Contract Type: Local Contracted
- Grade: NP3
- Job Level: Team Leader
- Job Type: Contracted
- Number of posts: 1
- Location: OSCE Mission in Kosovo, Prishtine / Pristina
- Posting Date: Mar 10, 2022
- Closing Date: Apr 6, 2022
- Target Start Date: Sep 1, 2022
- Employee Status: Fixed Term
- Schedule: Full-time
- Education Level: Doctorate Degree
- Job Field: Administration & Support
- Job Field: Administration & Support
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the administrative supervision of the Head Administration and Finance P5, the incumbent performs the following functions:
- Plans, organizes, co-ordinates and directs the activities of the Medical Section: keeps informed on the local public health structure to be aware of its capability to assist OMIK staff; establishes a local support network with representatives of government authorities, private organizations and commercial medical establishments to ensure provision of medical assistance by local entities, if required; Co-operates closely with the (Senior) Medical Officers of other international organizations working in the OMIK mission area; participates in research and surveys if additional information on identified medical topics is required.; Advises OMIK’s Senior Management on medical issues; supervises the work of Medical Staff;
- Performs basic medical examinations and routine check-ups of OMIK Mission Members (MMs); establishes diagnoses and decides on the method of treatment (preventive or curative) of patients or directs them to appropriate medical facility/practitioner; actively participates in medical evacuation cases; approves medical related absences;
- Travels to each of the OMIK Regional Centres (RC) to treat patients, to follow up on the results of treatment/rehabilitation, to assess health/safety risks in the work environment; to establish the need for immunization in a given regional area;
- Performs other related duties as required.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Mission in Kosovo, please see: http://www.osce.org/ mission-in-kosovo
- Medical Doctorate MD;
- Minimum six years of medical professional experience after graduation including general practice and some administrative experience and work in a mission/international environment;
- Excellent diagnostic and interpersonal skills;
- Tact in dealing with others and ability to maintain confidentiality of all medical issues discussed or recorded in medical files;
- Experience in delivering training on medical topics;
- Computer literacy to include ability to use Microsoft applications and relational databases;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and local languages;
- Valid driving license;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities;
- Ability and willingness to work as a member of team, with people of different cultural, and religious backgrounds, different gender, and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity;
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 2,110.42 Euro/month. Social benefits will include participation in the OSCE group medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org/vacancies Applicants are encouraged to use the online recruitment and only fully completed OSCE applications will be accepted.
However, if you have technical difficulties with the system you may use the offline application form found under https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/offline-application form and forward the completed form quoting the vacancy number by e-mail to: Recruitment.OMiK@osce.org
Kindly note that applications received after the deadline, submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form or in languages other than the English language would not be considered.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise/re-post the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Only those candidates who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization. Candidates should be aware that OSCE officials shall conduct themselves at all times in a manner befitting the status of an international civil servant. This includes avoiding any action which may adversely reflect on the integrity, independence and impartiality of their position and function as officials of the OSCE.
The OSCE is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate.
For more information on the values set out in OSCE Competency Model, please see https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/our-competency-model.
Please note that for this position the OSCE does not reimburse expenses such as travel in connection with interviews, tests, visas and relocation.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.