Project: BKALB - Bridge Component Albania
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbH (GIZ) is a federal enterprise that supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international coop-eration for sustainable development.
The Bridge Component Albania (BK-ALB) supports and supplements the reintegration of individuals returning to Albania, shortly after return. It is financed by the German Federal Office for Migration and Refugees (BAMF) and receives specific contributions from several German Federal States. Apart from emergency support for accommodation, medical treatment and transport the project sup-ports returnees from Germany with social and psychological support. The project aims to stabi-lize and support returnees from Germany in their first year of return and to prepare them for further economic reintegration measures in the labour market.
The activities are part of the wider German coherent approach to supporting returnees in Albania and use synergies with other German initiatives, such as the Program ‘Returning to New Opportu-nities’’ as well as REAG/GARP.
GIZ Office Albania seeks the following staff:
The National coordinator of Bridge Component Albania (BK-ALB) is responsible for the operational implementation of the project as well as the day-to-day management. S/he coordinates the planning and implementation of the project activities under guidance of the line management in terms of content and financial implementation. Carrying the responsibility for planning and implementation of the project on the operational level.
The national coordinator will in addition, supervise the staff on the aditional positions within the BK-ALB.
In compliance with the line management s/he represents the BK-ALB and its offer to external and internal partners and stakeholders and liaises with internal (GIZ) and external partners involved in the facilitation of activities in Albania and Germany. S/he will focus in particular on regular commu-nication, exchange and reporting both to the main funding partner the German Federal Office for Migration and Refugees (BAMF) as well as to the main institutional partner Albanian Ministry of Interior.
The national coordinator performs the following tasks:
Management and coordination responsibility
- Manages BK-ALB staff in accordance with management principles and GIZ-guidelines, en-abling employees to carry out tasks independently and create scope for developing creativ-ity and innovation
- Is responsible for monitoring, managing staff and ensuring that they provide cost-effective services
- Implementation as well as monitoring and evaluation of all activities of BK-ALB using GIZ’s rules and regulations and additional requirements from the funding partner (BAMF)
- Monitoring the execution of and expenditures within the project budget in consultation with the line manager, detailed monitoring and reporting in close coordination with the funding partner (BAMF)
- Assurance of financial processes, monitoring and reporting
- Acting as a contact person, maintaining dialogue, exchange and reporting to the national partner institutions and the commissioning partner the Federal Office for Migration and Ref-ugees (BAMF) on regular basis (in German language)
- Responses the implementation of reintegration plans for the returnees
- Representation of BK-ALB to external and internal partners and stakeholders in Albania, as well as stakeholders during project visits.
- Responses coordination within GIZ and other GIZ projects
- Close cooperation and compliance with the line management
Professional advisory services
- Leading the conceptual design of relevant counseling and support processes for returnees with a team of social workers and psychologists
- Development and organisation of quality assurance as well as monitoring measures related to the delivered counselling and support processes
- Guiding the formulation of ToRs, co-selection and supervision of third parties in the course of carrying out BK-ALB activities, including performance evaluation
Networking and cooperation
- Taking part in relevant events on national and regional level representing BK-ALB and pre-senting its scope to a wider audience and to political stakeholders
- Cooperation, regular contact and strategic dialogue with partners
- Main point of contact for the commissioning partner the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees (BAMF) in the day-to-day business
- Travels regularly within the country and the region, in accordance with BK-ALB require-ments
- Development of ready-to-use strategies and technical concepts, including guidelines, man-uals and procedures
- Preparation of reports and presentation documents
- Formulation of appropriate input for various reports including monthly and annual reports, contribution to other reports required by the line management
C. Required qualifications, competences and experience
- 5 years of professional experience with at least 3 years of experience in a comparable position, in terms of management, leadership and topic
- A Master degree (Post-graduate studies) in an area that is related to the project objectives, such as Management, Economics, Finance, Social Sciences etc. In absence of a Master degree, 2 years of experience on top of the required as professional experience.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Working capacity of utilization of ICT technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the in-ternet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Excellent written and oral knowledge of German, English and Albanian
- Work experience in an international working environment
- Proven track record in a managerial and leadership position
- Availability to travel frequently within the country, region and Germany
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed
- Ability to work with deadlines and sure high quality under time pressure
- Ability to work in political-sensitive contexts
- Full time employment
- Project office in Tirana
- Assignment period: until 31.12.2021 (extension of the project is under discussion with the funding party)
Please forward your application until 4th of February 2021, to GIZ Office Albania by E-Mail: email@example.com, including the following information: Application letter, CV in English (Euro Pass format), references.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. Short-listed candidates will be asked to bring certified copies of their diplomas and work certificates.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested groups with-out any discrimination!