SCOPE OF WORK
Transparent, Effective and Accountable Municipalities (USAID TEAM) Activity
Position: Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Adapting Specialist
Period of Performance until: January 10, 2022
Base of Operations: Pristina, Kosovo
Position reports to: Chief of Party (COP)
The Kosovo TEAM Activity will support USAID/Kosovo to address corruption at the municipal level by increasing the transparency and effectiveness of municipal procurement systems. USAID TEAM will focus on the following three program components:
- Develop, refine and roll out models for transparent and accountable municipalities;
- Engage the central level in addressing municipal corruption within the procurement process; and
- Enable civil society to track and expose corruption.
USAID TEAM will identify and work extensively in fifteen municipalities to champion anti-corruption reforms. In addition, USAID TEAM will work with select entities within the Government of Kosovo that are relevant to addressing corruption at the municipal level. Furthermore, USAID TEAM will provide sub-contracts or grants to national-level Civil Society Organizations which will monitor all 38 municipalities in areas such as procurement and recruitment while ensuring greater citizen engagement, especially in rural areas.
The M&E, Learning and Adapting Specialist will lead and implement methodologies to measure and analyze the impact of project activities, propose the course of action for adapting and will lead all of the M&E functions of the project.
S/he will provide information management and design of a monitoring and reporting system including developing program indicators and fully implementation of the Adaptive Management Plan of the USAID TEAM, to help inform USAID, the Chief of Party (COP), and technical staff of project status and progress toward achievement of key results as agreed in the annual work plans. S/he will be responsible for working with the COP and senior project leadership to track and report on the specific actions supporting the project’s outputs, results, and outcomes. S/he will implement the designed methodologies for data collection and reporting of both quantitative and qualitative data. The M&E, Learning and Adapting Specialist will be responsible for monitoring progress against the Adaptive Management Plan and preparing reports and deliverables that demonstrate the project’s progress towards objectives.
OBJECTIVES AND DUTIES
- Implements a comprehensive methodology for systematic data collection and analysis of program indicators;
- Conducts periodic data quality assessments;
- Designs and carries out evaluations and utilize adaptive management tools to assess project impact and propose actions to mitigate possible shortcomings;
- Acts as project point of contact and coordinator to support third-party evaluations as required;
- Maintains information database and meet with database developer as needed;
- Develops surveys and survey administration protocols to assess the impact of project activities;
- Works with team to ensure M&E accurately captures project objectives and outcomes;
- Analyzes data for and produce donor-requested reports;
- Produces activity updates, newsletters, and performance reports, as needed;
- Trains staff on M&E protocols and processes to ensure data integrity and sound reporting;
- Supports capacity building in M&E practices for project beneficiaries and partners;
- Ensures sufficient progress against planned results;
- Produces reports and data visualizations each month and as required, that track progress and show comparisons over time;
- Uses logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions in solving complex problems by applying knowledge and experiences.
- Operates independently, delivering results at a high-level and engaging with a wide array of program stakeholders.
Recommended Minimum Years of Experience:
- At least 7 years of professional experience in monitoring and evaluation management for international development projects, including 4 years with USAID data reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree required in international studies, statistics, mathematics, or a related research. Advanced degree (Master’s or PhD) preferred.
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative research methodologies, survey design and development, and database management and data analysis required.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions in solving complex problems by applying knowledge and experiences.
- Ability to work well within a team and to work effectively with various stakeholders.
- Ability to operate independently and maintain quality control on Project activities.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff, client, and public.
Other Qualifications Required:
- Albanian and advanced proficiency in English. Serbian preferred.
- Strong writing abilities.
- Exceptional communication and inter-personal skills.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested individuals must submit their detailed CV outlining their educational qualifications and cover letter. Mentioned documents should be submitted in electronic format to KosovoTEAM_Recruitment@dai.com, no later than 4 p.m. Kosovo local time on November 16th, 2020.