Job no: 544514
Contract type: Consultancy
Categories: Communication for Development (C4D)
Title of Consultancy: Monitoring & Evaluation /Behavioral Sciences Consultant
Type of engagement: Full Time Consultant
Duty Station: Prishtina / Office Based
Requesting Section/Issuing Office: Social Policy/C4D
Consultant sourcing: National Consultant
Start Date: 1 October 2021
End Date: 15 September 2022
Purpose of Activity/Assignment:
With the continuous rise of COVID-19 positive cases in Kosovo coupled with low COVID-19 vaccination rates, there are evident signs of pandemic fatigue or demotivation to follow recommended protective practices, emerging gradually over time and affected by a number of emotions, experiences and perceptions related to the COVID-19 pandemic. In response to this, UNICEF intends to support the development of evidence-based communication and community engagement interventions to promote and maintain key preventive practices for COVID-19 and ensure the acceptance and uptake of the COVID-19 vaccine. To enable development and implementation of these activities that will be aligned with the COVID-19 National Deployment and Vaccination Plan (NDVP), UNICEF will support the creation of a Communication Hub that will rally a team of professionals with specialized expertise in strategic communications, social media, behavioral and social sciences as well as monitoring and evaluation. The Communication Hub will bring together insights from social media listening and other data collection methods from the field, process and analyze them, and develop tailored evidence-based communication campaigns and outreach activities.
Scope of Work:
Under the direct supervision of the UNICEF C4D Officer, the M&E/Behavioural Sciences Consultant will be responsible for managing project’s data collection activities, including the development of methodologies, quality assurance and data analysis. In addition, he/she will be responsible for developing a detailed monitoring and evaluation framework to measure the effectiveness of interventions. The consultant will closely with UNICEF Kosovo Office, Ministry of Health, and Institute of Public Health on developing strategic interventions for increasing the uptake of COVID-19 vaccinations and the application of prevention measures.
The Consultant will carry out the following duties and responsibilities:
- Design a detailed Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) framework for effective monitoring, management, and evaluation of project interventions.
- Coordinate the development of the methodology and process for community Rapid Qualitative Assessments on COVID-19 and monitor its implementation.
- Coordinate the process of development of periodic analytical reports on community needs and perceptions on COVID-19 vaccine based on the findings from the Rapid Qualitative Assessments with community.
- Analyze information and data from various sources to inform interventions for COVID-19 vaccination campaigns.
- Develop regular progress reports on implementation of project activities.
- Perform other duties as needed and assigned by the Supervisor.
Work Assignment Overview
Tasks/Milestone: Design a detailed Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) framework for effective monitoring, management, and evaluation of project interventions.
Deliverables/Outputs: Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) framework developed.
Timeline: November 2020
Tasks/Milestone: Develop the methodology, monitor implementation, and assure quality of the rapid qualitative assessments around COVID-19
Deliverables/Outputs: Methodology developed. 4 periodic (quarterly) rapid qualitative assessments around COVID-19 produced
Timeline: December 2021-October 2022
Tasks/Milestone: Develop the M&E framework of the RCCE plan
Deliverables/Outputs: RCCE M&E framework plan developed
Timeline: November 2021
Tasks/Milestone: Develop the M&E plan for monitoring the reach of the public awareness campaigns on COVID-19
Deliverables/Outputs: M&E plan for monitoring the reach of the public awareness campaigns on COVID-19 developed
Timeline: November 2021-September 2022
Tasks/Milestone: Develop the M&E plan for monitoring community outreach activities to increase awareness on COVID-19
Deliverables/Outputs: M&E plan for monitoring community outreach activities to increase awareness on COVID-19 developed
Timeline: November 2021-September 2022
Minimum Qualifications required:
Education: Advanced University Degree in the social sciences, behavioral sciences, statistics, research methods or any related field is required.
Language Requirements: Fluency in Albanian and English is required. Knowledge of other local languages is considered as an asset.
- Expertise and at least 4-year experience in monitoring and evaluation or research
- Experience on developing and conducting quantitative and qualitative research.
- Proven expertise in developing and applying comprehensive M&E framework to measure project results.
- Excellent research analytical skills.
- Knowledge on public health and social and behavioral change projects/programmes/methodology is an asset.
- Works Collaboratively with others
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships. Manages ambiguity and complexity
- Applying technical expertise
- Follows instructions and procedure
Advertised: 10 Sep 2021 Central Europe Daylight Time
Deadline: 19 Sep 2021 Central Europe Daylight Time