CALL FOR APPLICATION – CONSULTANCY SERVICE
Position Title: Migrants Counsellor
Duty Station: Pristina, Kosovo
Type of Appointment Consultancy, 6 Months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start date: As soon as possible
Reference Code: CFCV-2020/12081
Established in 1951, IOM is a related agency of the United Nations, and as the leading UN Agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental, and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
In coordination and partnership with UNHCR and other relevant stakeholders, IOM in Kosovo is implementing a regional project “Addressing Covid-19 challenges within the migrant and refugee response in the Western Balkans” aiming to protect migrants, asylum seekers, refugees and other vulnerable persons by ensuring that systems and services in place are supported, reinforced and can be quickly adapted to the measures that must be implemented in response to the covid-19 outbreak.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and direct supervision of the Project Coordinator successful candidate will be responsible for providing interpretation, referral and cultural mediation to migrants.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Delivers assistance and protection services to migrants in a culturally sensitive
- Identifies needs of migrants and refers them to service
- Provides interpretation/translation services from Albanian/Serbian to Arabic and vice versa for migrants and border/migration officials as well as service
- Facilitates the communication among migrants and officials, service providers and relevant agencies/institutions.
- Assists IOM Psychologists and AVRR staff in communication with migrants and other information activities.
- Prepares regular updates and weekly
- Maintains and facilitates communication with other stakeholders in their area of
- Comply with the IOM Standards of Conduct and the IOM Confidentiality Agreement. Always maintain a professional appearance and migrant-friendly demeanour. Maintain positive working relationships within the IOM colleagues and government officials. Maintain confidentiality and discretion in treating applicants’ personal
- Immediately inform the supervisors of any problems or issues related to the daily work and make suggestions on how to improve efficiency and client
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by the Project
- Proven experience in interpretation services and cultural
- Desirable experience in providing assistance to vulnerable persons and in the provision of protection services.
- Experience in liaising with local institutions, communities and service providers
- Ability to communicate clearly and
- Good level of computer
- Excellent communication and negotiation
- Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility, drive for results, respect for diversity, creative
Fluency in Arabic, English and local language/s (oral and written). Knowledge of Farsi, Pashtu and Urdu is an advantage.
Method of application:
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation. Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment.
This post is subject to local recruitment. Only persons holding a valid residence and work permit for Kosovo will be eligible for consideration.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application (CV and cover letter) to IOMPristina@iom.int by 23 December 2020 midnight at the latest, referring to CFCV-2020/12081 in the subject line.
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 08.12.2020 to 23.12.2020.