Open to Internal and External Candidates
- Position Title: Migrant’s Counsellor / Hotline operator
- Duty Station: Pristina, Kosovo
- Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G4
- Type of Appointment: Special Fixed term, 6 months with possibility of extension
- Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
- Closing Date : July 16, 2020
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and direct supervision of the Project Coordinator incumbent will be responsible for providing counselling, referral and other services to migrants.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Operate Infoline for migrants in Kosovo and inform them on their rights and obligations as well as available services and risks in the context of irregular migration;
- Refer migrants to IOM or external services, state-run and private contact points and local relief organizations, according to identified needs and priorities, and if requested arrange contacts with these institutions;
- Prepare materials which will serve as resources for Infoline and other project activities and update information on the basis of inquiries received from beneficiaries;
- Organize information meetings for migrants and other relevant stakeholders;
- Liaise with entities providing social and healthcare services and other relevant stakeholders as necessary;
- Regularly and accurately maintain records of all contacts and correspondence related to counselling/ Infoline queries;
- Contribute to reporting and statistics related to counselling and Infoline queries and other relevant issues as required;
- Contribute to evaluation of the Infoline and measuring the performance indicators (availability of information, quality of counselling provided, knowledge of technical terminology and professionalism);
- Comply with the IOM Standards of Conduct and the IOM Confidentiality Always maintain a professional appearance and migrant-friendly demeanour. Maintain positive working relationships with the IOM colleagues and government officials. Maintain confidentiality and discretion in treating applicants’ personal information;
- Immediately inform the supervisors of any problems or issues related to the daily work and make suggestions on how to improve efficiency and client services;
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Project Coordinator or Chief of
Required Qualifications and Experience
- High school degree with four years of relevant professional experience; OR
- University degree at bachelor or equivalent or higher from an accredited academic institution and a minimum of two years of work
- Experience in providing assistance to migrants, in particular on legal matters;
- Excellent good communication and interpersonal skills including ability to work under time pressure and meet deadlines;
- Very good organizational skills;
- Working knowledge of MS Office and social media platforms.
- Driving licence and experience of minimum 5
Fluency in English, Arabic and local language/s (oral and written). Knowledge of Farsi, Pashtu and Urdu is an advantage.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
This post is subject to local recruitment. Only persons holding a valid residence and work permit for Kosovo will be eligible for consideration.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications – Personal History Form (click here to download) and Cover Letter to IOMPristina@iom.int by 16 July 2020 midnight at the latest, referring to SVN 2020/20076421 in the subject line.
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 02.07.2020 to 16.07.2020