Mentor for Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) within the ReLOaD2 Project
Location : Prishtina with expected travel to Dragash/š, Fushë Kosovë/Kosovo Polje, Mitrovicë/a South, Podujevë/o, Rahovec/Orahovac Skenderaj/Srbica and Shtërpcë/Štrpce, Kosovo, UNSCR 1244 (1999)
Application Deadline : 15-Mar-22 (Midnight New York, USA)
Type of Contract : Individual Contract
Post Level : National Consultant
Languages Required : English
Starting Date : 06-Apr-2022
Duration of Initial Contract : 06 April 2022 – 17 June 2022
Expected Duration of Assignment : 06 April 2022 – 17 June 2022
Working across the region, ReLOaD2 will enhance capacities of local governments and civil society organisations (CSOs) to engage in productive partnerships and contribute to improved service delivery and realisation of local priorities in line with development strategies.
In accordance with the main project objectives is the national Strategy for Cooperation with Civil Society 2019-2023 that has identified among major areas, the relevance of the civil sector participation in policy making, increasing accountability and transparency in public financing of CSOs. Furthermore, with the implementation of the Regulation MF – NR – 04/2017 on Criteria, Standards and Procedures on public funding of NGOs, project aims to ensure municipal support for CSOs is in place and provides the Manual for distribution of public funds to CSOs which shall reflect also the recommendations from the LOD methodology. Nevertheless, there is still lack of application and capacity from municipalities and CSOs to properly implement such mechanism.
The project in Kosovo through competitive process has selected 7 new partner municipalities (Dragash/š, Fushë Kosovë/Kosovo Polje, Mitrovicë/a South, Podujevë/o, Rahovec/Orahovac Skenderaj/Srbica and Shtërpcë/Štrpce) and will focus on institutionalization of interaction between local governments and CSOs. It will incite partner local governments to use public funding for CSOs in a transparent and development-oriented manner, recognising local needs and embracing a project-based approach. Also, the Action will promote youth engagement and support implementation of youth initiatives and will work on improvement of their economic perspectives in partner localities.
The project is providing trainings to municipal administration and CSOs through Project Cycle Management (PCM) to enhance their capacities for efficient grant management by addressing local priorities. This year, ReLOaD2 will open the first public call for project proposals from interested CSOs in the 7 partner municipalities in line with the Regulation MF – NR – 04/2017. To ensure qualitative project proposals that address problems of beneficiaries/local communities, and ensures appropriate budget allocation for project activities, the project will offer technical assistance and advise to interested CSOs through provision of mentoring support that aims to contribute to increasing knowledge in preparing and developing project proposals as well as crucial aspects of PCM, including project implementation, reporting and evaluation.
Objectives of Assignment
The purpose of the project is to provide mentoring services to CSOs in the seven partner municipalities (Dragash/š, Fushë Kosovë/Kosovo Polje, Mitrovicë/a South, Podujevë/o, Rahovec/Orahovac Skenderaj/Srbica and Shtërpcë/Štrpce) for designing, applying for and implementing project-based grants in accordance with the Regulation MF – NR – 04/2017.
Assignment will be conducted in line with UN 8 Point Agenda and the UNDP Gender responsive mandate.
Duties and ResponsibilitiesThe following tasks will be performed by the Mentor in close cooperation with the project team and under direct supervision of the ReLOaD2 Project Manager:
1. Developing a mentoring process for grassroot CSOs in partner municipalities by performing the following tasks:
- Analyse the evaluation reports of projects submitted by CSOs in the previous call for proposals, lessons learned reports with recommendations, findings from previous mentoring sessions, and other relevant materials;
- Prepare a work plan with key priorities in line with the public call guidelines for applicants and deliver 28 group mentoring sessions in total (four per each partner municipality/7 municipalities in total), in consultation with the ReLOaD2 team;
- Present and clarify the technical requirements of the public call for CSOs, the principles of project-based approach including best examples (financial and operational) as well as advice on how to prepare relevant project proposal in line with one or more priorities as defined in the Public call, etc.
2. Mentor CSOs through the process of preparation of project proposals:
- Ensure close interaction and knowledge sharing by providing technical insights into rules and regulations of the public call for CSOs;
- Perform various mentoring and counselling learning modalities/principles;
- Organise practical, interactive and relevant sessions for the challenges faced in process of preparation of successful project proposal in a local community;
- Present lessons learned from the previous public calls in ReLOaD1, capturing and identifying most common issues and weaknesses of CSOs face when designing project proposals;
- Hold regular consultation with interested CSOs representatives by providing support to the actual needs and CSOs problems encounter in application process;
- Focus on providing guidance to CSOs representatives related to the benefits of target groups from the envisaged activities, with special attention on the role of CSOs applicant, partner, institutions and/or consultants in foreseen project proposals;
- Explain the methodology in project proposal writing with practical examples of activities that logically correspond with goals and expected results;
- Elaborate proper recognition and definition of potential risks and importance of mitigation measures, as well as proper definition of objectively verifiable indicators;
- Ensure that all relevant concerns raised by CSOs representatives are properly addressed given the specifics of the public call for CSOs;
- Maintain written records of the most common issues and challenges during each session in order to be communicated to other interested CSOs.
3. Submit a short final report with gender disaggregated data to UNDP for validation containing main findings and recommendations covering the above specified tasks.
The Mentor is strictly obliged to perform his/her engagement without any preferences to particular CSOs participants; without providing advises related to concrete project ideas that would lead to project proposal writing
In addition, he/she will organise his/her own travel and accommodation arrangements to training venues that will be determined by the project team in the 7 respective partner municipalities. All these to be performed in line with COVID 19 preventing measures.
Expected Outputs and Deliverables
- Mentoring process for grassroot CSOs in partner municipalities designed through in-depth analysis of the relevant materials, prepared work plan and technical requirements elaborated (estimeted date of completion 08 April 2022)
- Mentoring of CSOs in preparing project proposals delivered (estimation of 84 CSOs mentored in seven partner municipalities, depending on the demand); (estimeted date of completion 11 April - 2022 – 20 May 2022)
*Dates of the mentoring delivery might be subject to slight modification, in agreement with ReLOaD2 project and partner municipalities.
- Final report submitted, reviewed, and validated by UNDP (estimeted date of completion 17 June 2022)
Remuneration - Lump Sum Amount
- The Contract is based on lump sum remuneration and shall be processed upon successful completion and validation of all the deliverables.
Required Presentation of Offer:
The following documents are requested:
- Personal CV and P11, indicating all past experience from similar projects, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Offeror and at least three (3) professional references.
- Brief description of why the individual considers him/herself as the most suitable for the assignment.
- Technical proposal, a max. 2-pages document explaining the approach and the methodology to be utilized for delivering the expected results within the indicated timeframe;
- Financial Proposal that indicates lump sum payment based on completion of deliverables.
- Copy of Diplomas and copy of Passport or National ID Card.
Criteria for selection of the Best Offer
Offers will be evaluated utilizing a combined Scoring method – where the qualifications and technical proposal will be weighted a max. of 70% and combined with the price offer which will be weighted a max of 30.
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission and strategic goals of the UN/UNDP;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Demonstrate modern approach to delivery of policy/technical advice, and experience of working with civil society, ministries and local self-governance structures;
- Proven skills related to design and delivery of training/mentoring sessions;
- Ability to identify beneficiaries’ needs, and to match them with appropriate solutions;
- Builds strong relationships with clients, focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills;
- Good analytical and report writing skills;
- Ability to synthesize research and draw conclusions on the related subject;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
- Ability to pay attention to details
Required Skills and ExperienceEducation:
- Master’s degree in development, economics, public policy, public administration, or a related social science field.
- A valid trainer certificate in the field of PCM and at least 5 years of relevant professional experience in delivering training on PCM is required;
- Thorough understanding/knowledge of the project application preparation, PCM and monitoring and evaluation of projects is required (previous experience with UNDP would be considered as an asset);
- Relevant experience in training CSOs, as well as in training of local governments is required.
- Fluency in spoken and written Albanian and English. Knowledge of Serbian language would be an asset.
- Click on the "Apply now" button.
- Input your information in the appropriate Sections: personal information, language proficiency, education, resume and motivation; You can type in, or paste your short Resume into the last box.
- Upon completion of the first page, please hit "submit application" tab at the end of the page. On the next page, you will be asked to upload your Resume.
- System will only allow one attachment. All docs (CV; P11; financial offer; list of similar profiles should be included as one attachment).
- Please make sure to submit all the requested documents/information; otherwise, your application will be considered incomplete.