ISSUED BY OSCE Mission in Kosovo
VACANCY NUMBER VNKOSG02294
VACANCY TYPE Local Contracted
FIELD OF EXPERTISE Media Affairs
NUMBER OF POSTS 1
DUTY STATION Prishtine / Pristina
DATE OF ISSUE 8 October 2020
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION 4 November 2020 - 23:59 Central European Time (CET/CEST)DATE OF ENTRY ON DUTY 1 December 2020
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Deputy Spokesperson, the incumbent will be providing clerical and language support and monitoring and reporting on the content of the Kosovo Albanian and Serbian language media newscasts/articles of relevance for the Mission. The incumbent will be working as part of a team that including other Media Monitors and Political Affairs and Communications Office (OPAC) staff handle similar tasks. The incumbent’s primary duty will be to monitor prime time (evening) newscast and different debates when required.
The incumbent will be performing the following duties:
- Independently producing written summaries of current local news stories from the media for the Head of Mission (HoM) and other internal and external subscribers;
- Providing written summaries and oral briefings on the morning new items to the OPAC Head and Deputy Spokesperson when required;
- Translating in three languages, analysing and reporting on news items that may be of importance to the Mission, including specific televised debates, editorials, commentaries, news features and interviews;
- Producing analysis of media reporting on specific issues of importance for the Mission (political processes or major events);
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Completed secondary education supplemented by formal studies in journalism or languages;
- At least 4 years of work experience in a media organization, Newspaper, Radio, TV or as a translator;
- Good knowledge of the current political environment in Kosovo and the region;
- Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft applications;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, Albanian and Serbian in addition to local language;
- Ability to work with people of different nationalities, religions and cultural backgrounds;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 1069.42 Euro/month. Social benefits will include participation in the OSCE Group Insurance Plan (Health, Life, Accidental Disability and Temporary Incapacity Insurance) and the OSCE Provident Fund.
Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority, a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
How to apply:
In order to apply for this position you must complete the OSCE's online application form, found under https://jobs.osce.org Applicants are encouraged to use the online recruitment and only fully completed OSCE applications will be accepted. However, if you have technical difficulties with the system you may use the offline application form found under https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/offline-application-form and forward the completed form quoting the vacancy number by e-mail to: Recruitment.OMiK@osce.org. In line with your qualifications please indicate preference to one or more field of expertise listed above (while using the online application the field of expertise preference can be indicated in the cover letter part). Kindly note that applications received after the deadline, submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form or in other languages than the English language will not be considered. The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become part of the organization.