Call for Vacancy Applications
Market Growth Facilitator
Swisscontact in Kosovo is looking for a Market Growth Facilitator. This vacancy is part of Swisscontact’s Fostering Employment and Growth Opportunities (FEGO) project. The overall objective of the Project is to generate employment and income for women, men, and youth, presently living in poverty and socio-economic marginalization. This is intended to be achieved through sustainable and scalable growth of micro/small (family) businesses and start-ups, in the apparel, furniture, and rural tourism sectors. The FEGO project is financed by the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency and implemented by Swisscontact. This is a four-year project, which started in January 2022.
The main function of the Market Growth Facilitator will be the coordination, preparation, and implementation of the work primarily in the apparel sector and possibly in the furniture sector as well, including the continuous update of the sector market strategy and interventions, as well as creating and maintaining partnerships with the respective private sector actors.
Duties and responsibilities of the Market Growth Facilitator:
- Coordinates and monitors activities in the apparel and furniture sector and the team
- Conducts regular market sector assessments for strategy development, including active review of literature and field investigation
- Engages in the mapping of market actors and maintains a network of core value chain actors, service providers, and actors in the regulatory framework
- Identifies and designs interventions for the apparel and furniture sectors
- Prepares intervention concept notes, including business model and calculations and according to other criteria
- Facilitates deal-making with selected partners and prepares intervention plans, including a budget, result chain, and measurement plan
- Supports partners in the implementation of interventions and continuous monitoring of sector interventions
- Facilitates interventions around apparel and furniture sectors
- Mainstreams cross-cutting issues, including mainstreaming of women, minorities, and environment-related topics
- Ensures continuous monitoring and results in the measurement of sector interventions
- Applies Market System Development approach throughout project implementation in the apparel and furniture sectors
- Coordinates tasks and activities with the project team
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, economics, Social Studies, or other relevant disciplines
- A minimum of 4 years of professional experience in a similar position
- Excellent analytical, writing, spoken communication, and presentation skills in English and Albanian
- Has excellent knowledge of market development methodologies, preferably has undertaken training on Inclusive Markets/Market System Development approach
- Has good knowledge of monitoring and evaluation methodologies, preferably has undertaken training on Monitoring and Results Measurement based on DCED standards
- Ability to analyze data
- Ability to travel extensively in Kosovo
- Ability to act independently and take initiative
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team player
- Experience with private sector development/market access/business development services
- Knowledge of and/or experience in the apparel and furniture sectors is of advantage.
- Ability to drive and driving license is preferred
9 June 2022
How to Apply:
Please submit your CV, motivation letter, and proof of your completed education at
email@example.com. Please also provide the contact details of three professional references.
For more details on the job, please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Further general information on the FEGO project can be obtained from our website.