Local Trainer on Project Cycle Management for Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) with ReLOaD2 Project
Location : Prishtina with expected travel to Dragash/š, Fushë Kosovë/Kosovo Polje, Rahovec/Orahovac, and Shtërpcë/Štrpce, Kosovo, UNSCR 1244 (1999)
Application Deadline : 11-Mar-22 (Midnight New York, USA)
Type of Contract : Individual Contract
Post Level : National Consultant
Languages Required : English
Starting Date : 04-Apr-2022
Duration of Initial Contract : 04 April 2022 – 31 May 2022
Expected Duration of Assignment : 04 April 2022 – 31 May 2022
Working across the region, ReLOaD2 will enhance capacities of local governments and civil society organisations (CSOs) to engage in productive partnerships and contribute to improved service delivery and realisation of local priorities in line with development strategies.
In accordance with the main project objectives is the national Strategy for Cooperation with Civil Society 2019-2023 that has identified among major areas, the relevance of the civil sector participation in policy making, increasing accountability and transparency in public financing of CSOs. Furthermore, with the implementation of the Regulation MF – NR – 04/2017 on Criteria, Standards and Procedures on public funding of NGOs, project aims to ensure municipal support for CSOs is in place and provides the Manual for distribution of public funds to CSOs which shall reflect also the recommendations from the LOD methodology. Nevertheless, there is still lack of application and capacity from municipalities and CSOs to properly implement such mechanism.
The project in Kosovo through competitive process has selected 7 new partner municipalities (Dragash/š, Fushë Kosovë/Kosovo Polje, Mitrovicë/a South, Podujevë/o, Rahovec/Orahovac Skenderaj/Srbica and Shtërpcë/Štrpce) and will focus on institutionalization of interaction between local governments and CSOs. It will incite partner local governments to use public funding for CSOs in a transparent and development-oriented manner, recognising local needs and embracing a project-based approach. Also, the Action will promote youth engagement and support implementation of youth initiatives and will work on improvement of their economic perspectives in partner localities.
The project initially provided trainings and enhanced the capacities of municipal administration through Project Cycle Management (PCM) for efficient grant awarding. This year, ReLOaD2 will open the first public call for project proposals from interested CSOs in the 7 partner municipalities. To ensure adequate project implementation, resource allocation, and effective project proposals from CSOs, the project will offer technical assistance to interested CSOs through provision of trainings on Project Cycle Management (PCM) and other relevant aspects of grant proposals in accordance with local needs. The engaged local expert is expected to deliver training to CSOs in PCM in order to strengthen capacities of CSOs to apply for such public funds and run projects effectively.
As an initial step, the engaged Local Trainer shall prepare the training curricula and deliver a series of comprehensive PCM training modules to CSOs to improve their skills to better address needs of targeted groups through project proposals and in line with local strategic priorities in the partner municipalities.
Objectives of Assignment
The purpose of the assignment is to enhance capacities of CSOs in four partner municipalities (Dragash/š, Fushë Kosovë/Kosovo Polje, Rahovec/Orahovac, and Shtërpcë/Štrpce) through technical training to design and implement projects in accordance with the Regulation MF-NR-04/2017, its manual and LOD methodology, thus enabling better service delivery to local communities.
Assignment will be conducted in line with UN 8 Point Agenda and the UNDP Gender responsive mandate
Duties and ResponsibilitiesThe following tasks will be performed by the Trainer in close cooperation with the project team and under direct supervision of the ReLOaD2 Project Manager:
1. Review and update the gender-responsive three – day PCM training curricula for CSOs, drawing from the methodology for transparent distribution of funds for financing CSOs. Provide concrete samples of projects, case studies, and conduct group exercises to illustrate the relevant topics, findings and lessons learned derived from previously delivered trainings and provide hands-on examples. The following topics are to be delivered:
- Introduce PCM and the logical framework matrix as a key tool for project design;
- Deliver a presentation of the key elements related to defining problems and needs, goals and objectives, results, and activities, as well as the methodology;
- Elaborate the drafting of description of action/project document, and project budget, as well as other elements of project application set;
- Provide concrete exercises and apply in practice the logical framework matrix in project preparation;
- Provide guidance and technical assistance to support CSOs to go through each stage of the project development process towards a viable project proposal;
- Address key aspects of administrative and financial management; as well as visibility and elements of procurement;
- Present the most important lessons learned/recommendations derived from the first cycle of PCM training.
Subsequently, in collaboration with the ReLOaD2 team, ensure that a training package is prepared for each participant, including relevant supporting materials (presentations, hands-out, pre-and-after trainings tests, group experiences, exercises for individual work, reference materials, evaluation forms, etc.);
2. Prepare work plan and deliver the trainings
- Submit a work plan for the provision of trainings in accordance with the topics and respective curricula where the number of trainees for each training should be in line with COVID 19 preventing measures;
- Submit the training packages and work plan to the ReLOaD2 project staff for approval;
- Conduct a pre-training and exit-tests with respective CSOs participants to evaluate the knowledge acquired by the training participants;
- Deliver training sessions for participating CSOs in the partner municipalities (twelve training sessions, three-day training session per partner municipality).
3. Draft and submit a comprehensive report:
- Prepare a comprehensive report that shall include, but is not limited to: training goals and results achieved, number of trainees, analysis of pre- and after- training knowledge, lessons learned and next steps with recommendations (important for the mentoring sessions), training performance evaluation, FAQs sheets, photos, etc. All data presented should be gender disaggregated. The report should be prepared in English language and must integrate comments and suggestions of the UNDP prior final approval.
The Local Trainer will be required to organize his/her own travel and accommodation arrangements to training venues that will be determined by the project team in the seven respective partner municipalities.
Expected Outputs and Deliverables
- PCM training curricula for CSOs including concrete samples of projects, case studies, and group exercises to illustrate the relevant topics and provide hands-on examples reviewed and updated where applicable and submitted (estimated date of completion 05 April 2022)
- Trainings delivered to CSOs in partner municipalities: (Dragash/š, Rahovec/Orahovac, Fushë Kosovë/Kosovo Polje and Shtërpcë/Štrpce).
*Dates of the training delivery might be subject to slight modification, in agreement with ReLOaD2 project and partner municipalities (estimated date of completion 06 April 2022- 21 April 2022)
- Comprehensive report drafted, submitted and validated by UNDP (estimated date of completion 06 May 2022)
Remuneration - Lump Sum Amount
- The Contract is based on lump sum remuneration and shall be processed upon successful completion and validation of all the deliverables.
Required Presentation of Offer:
The following documents are requested:
- Personal CV and P11, indicating all past experience from similar projects, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Offeror and at least three (3) professional references.
- Brief description of why the individual considers him/herself as the most suitable for the assignment.
- Technical proposal, a max. 2-page document briefly outlining the methodology envisaged for the assignment for delivering the expected results within the indicated timeframe.
- Financial Proposal that indicates lump sum payment based on completion of deliverables.
- Copy of Diplomas and copy of Passport or National ID Card.
Criteria for selection of the Best Offer
Offers will be evaluated utilizing a combined Scoring method – where the qualifications and technical proposal will be weighted a max. of 70% and combined with the price offer which will be weighted a max of 30
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission and strategic goals of the UN/UNDP;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Demonstrate modern approach to delivery of policy/technical advice, and experience of working with civil society, ministries and local self-governance structures;
- Proven skills related to design and delivery of training/mentoring sessions;
- Ability to identify beneficiaries’ needs, and to match them with appropriate solutions;
- Builds strong relationships with clients, focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills;
- Good analytical and report writing skills;
- Ability to synthesize research and draw conclusions on the related subject;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
- Ability to pay attention to details
Required Skills and ExperienceEducation:
- Master’s degree in development, economics, public policy, public administration, or a related social science field.
- A valid trainer certificate in the field of PCM and at least 5 years of relevant professional experience in delivering training on PCM is required;
- Thorough understanding/knowledge of the project application preparation, PCM and monitoring and evaluation of projects is required (previous experience with UNDP would be considered as an asset);
- Relevant experience in training CSOs, as well as in training of local governments is required.
- Fluency in spoken and written English, including local languages Albanian and Serbian.
- Click on the "Apply now" button.
- Input your information in the appropriate Sections: personal information, language proficiency, education, resume and motivation; You can type in, or paste your short Resume into the last box.
- Upon completion of the first page, please hit "submit application" tab at the end of the page. On the next page, you will be asked to upload your Resume.
- System will only allow one attachment. All docs (CV; P11; financial offer; list of similar profiles should be included as one attachment).
- Please make sure to submit all the requested documents/information; otherwise, your application will be considered incomplete.