Local legal expert to draft administrative instruction on Organization, Scope of Work and Functioning of the General Council for Social and Family Services
Location : Prishtina, Kosovo, UNSCR 1244 (1999)
Application Deadline : 14-Apr-22 (Midnight New York, USA)
Type of Contract : Individual Contract
Post Level : National Consultant
Languages Required : English
Starting Date : 25-Apr-2022
Duration of Initial Contract : 25 April – 20 August 2022
Expected Duration of Assignment : 25 April – 20 August 2022
The costs of institutional response to the crisis are not equally distributed amongst the population and are affecting social groups differently. While policy responses must be just, fair, and equal for all, they should also attempt to address diverse needs be it of women, youth, minority communities, or disabled individuals.
The inadequacy of the system has become more evident with the sharp increase of social vulnerability because of the pandemic. The Social Assistance Scheme (SAS) absorbs approximately 88% of the budget for social assistance with the relative total spending on SAS declining over the last decade. The pandemic has exposed a series of gaps in the governance system which has affected the work of institutions and service delivery not least in provision of social services; it has directly affected the work of Centers for Social Work (CSW) as they are also engaged in other activities to help their citizens - despite limited capacities - either through the provision of professional social services, administering measures of the emergency package, or through direct assistance in providing food and hygiene packages.
To address some of these issues, the Humanitarian Assistance project shall enhance the provision of social services by CSW and improve access to equitable, qualitative, integrated social protection for the most vulnerable groups, including women and girls. The project is funded through EU IPA II/Action Document (Kosovo).
Assignment will be conducted in line with UN 8 Point Agenda and the UNDP Gender responsive mandate.
Objectives of Assignment
Draft the Administrative Instruction on Organization, Scope of Work and Functioning of the General Council for Social and Family Service.
Duties and Responsibilities1. The expert shall work under direct supervision of the Project Manager and in consultation with the Director of the Department of Social Policy and Families in MFLT, to analyse and review:
a. Identify recommendations from studies and analyses of different institutions and international organizations on Organization, Scope of Work and Functioning of the General Council for Social and Family Services;
b. Undertake comparative analyses of the international standards, national legislation and best practices applied in the region and wider on related and similar policy solutions, procedures, and practices;
c. Identification of the legal framework and needs for the review of the secondary legislation and conducting consultations and interviews with public service providers.
2. Drafting and consultation process of the Administrative Instruction:
a. Facilitate two (2) meetings/workshops with members of the working group within MFLT during drafting, harmonization, and structuring process of administrative instruction in line with Kosovo’s legal framework;
b. Prepare draft Administrative Instruction on on Organization, Scope of Work and Functioning of the General Council for Social and Family Services;
c. Support the MFLT on conducting public consultations and facilitating the work of the working group/responsible official, for the inclusion of comments during the public consultation process;
d. Prepare final report on produced documents including recommendations.
- Undertake comparative analyses of the international standards, national legislation and best practices applied in the region and wider on related and similar policy solutions, procedures, and practices (estimated date of completion April – May 2022)
- Facilitate two (2) meetings/workshops with members of the working group within MFLT during drafting, harmonization, and structuring process of administrative instruction in line with Kosovo’s legal framework (estimated date of completion June 2022)
- Prepare draft Administrative Instruction on Organization, Scope of Work and Functioning of the General Council for Social and Family Services (estimated date of completion July 2022)
- Support the MFLT on conducting public consultations and facilitating the work of the working group/responsible official, for the inclusion of comments during the public consultation process. July – August 2022
- Prepare final report on produced documents including recommendations (estimated date of completion August 2022)
Remuneration - Lump Sum Amount
The Contract is based on lump sum remuneration and shall be processed subject to completion and validation of deliverables as per below schedule:
- First Installment 50% of the contract value upon successful completion and validation of deliverables 1,2 by UNDP in consultation with the MFLT/DSPF.
- Second Installment 40% of the contract value upon successful completion and validation of deliverables 3,4 by UNDP in consultation with the MFLT/DSPF.
- Last installment 10% upon successful completion and validation of deliverables 5 by UNDP in consultation with the MFLT/DSPF.
Required Presentation of Offer:
The following documents are requested:
- Personal CV and P11, indicating all past experience from similar projects, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Offeror and at least three (3) professional references.
- Brief description of why the individual considers him/herself as the most suitable for the assignment.
- Technical proposal, a max. 2-page document briefly outlining the methodology envisaged for the assignment for delivering the expected results within the indicated timeframe.
- Financial Proposal that indicates lump sum payment based on completion of deliverables.
- Copy of Diplomas and copy of Passport.
Criteria for selection of the Best Offer
Offers will be evaluated utilizing a combined Scoring method – where the qualifications and technical proposal will be weighted a max. of 70% and combined with the price offer which will be weighted a max of 30%.
- Committed to professionalism, impartiality, accountability and integrity.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality, ethnicity, and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Demonstrates substantial experience in gender equality. Actively promotes gender equality in all activities.
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism.
- Empathy and patience, people orientation.
- Ability to work effectively within a team.
- Punctuality and honoring of commitments.
- Ability to synthesize research, various viewpoints, and draw conclusions on the related subjects.
- Ability to pay attention to details.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish effective working relations in a multicultural team environment.
- Good organizational skills.
- Commitment to accomplish work.
- Responds positively to critical feedback.
- Results and task oriented.
Required Skills and ExperienceEducation:
- BA degree in Family Law, Civil Law, or another related legal field.
- At least 3 years of experience in drafting of legislation and/or public policies.
- Experience with drafting laws and administrative instructions, in the field of social protection, social services, or family law.
- Experience in facilitating the drafting processes for laws and administrative instruction.
- Experience in working with local and central institution in the social and family rights sector.
- Previous experience in a similar post on social services with national or international organizations.
- Relevant regional and local experience will be an added advantage
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills in clear and fluent Albanian. Knowledge of English and/or Serbian is considered an asset.
- Click on the "Apply now" button.
- Input your information in the appropriate Sections: personal information, language proficiency, education, resume and motivation; You can type in, or paste your short Resume into the last box.
- Upon completion of the first page, please hit "submit application" tab at the end of the page. On the next page, you will be asked to upload your Resume.
- System will only allow one attachment. All docs (CV; P11; financial offer; list of similar profiles should be included as one attachment).
- Please make sure to submit all the requested documents/information; otherwise, your application will be considered incomplete.