- Issued by: OSCE Mission in Kosovo
- Requisition ID: GOV00001D
- Contract Type: Special Service Agreement (SSA) / Consultant
- Grade: No grade
- Job Type: Consultant
- Number of posts: 1
- Location: OSCE Mission in Kosovo, Prishtine / Pristina
- Posting Date: Mar 23, 2022
- Closing Date: Mar 29, 2022
- Target Start Date: Apr 1, 2022
- Education Level: Master's Degree (Second-level university degree or equivalent)
- Job Field: Rule of Law
The Governance Sections (GS) 2022 project Promoting Quality in Public Processes will continue to support the Information and Privacy Agency (IPA) in facilitating the implementation of the law on protection of personal data. To this end, the GS will hire a local legal expert to draft guidelines to facilitate efficient implementation of the Law No. 06/L-082 on Personal Data Protection of 25-Feb-2019 (hereinafter ‘Law on the Protection of Personal Data’). The present activity is in continuation of GS support to the IPA in enhancing the professional capacities of the public institution that implement the laws on access to public documents and the protection of personal data. So far, the emphasis of support was with selective municipal officials who are concerned, in their day-to-day work, with respective laws whereas the present ToR concerns the enhancement of professional capacity of IPA internal staff.
Objective of Assignment:
The objective of this consultancy is to draft two specific guidelines, on the List of actions for data processing and on the Processing of biometric features in private companies, for implementation of the Law on the Protection of Personal Data.
Duration of Assignment:
The period of engagement is 32 working days.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
The local legal expert will be tasked to draft guidelines on:
a) The list of actions for data processing; and
b) On Processing Biometric Features in Private Companies.
At the end of the assignment, the local legal expert will also draft a qualitative final report on the performed tasks
The local legal expert will report to the GS Activity Manager and work closely with other members of the GS team. The expert shall submit the following deliverables:
- By 30 April prepare and deliver the list of actions for data processing;
- By 31of May draft Guidelines on Processing Biometric Features in Private Companies;
- By 30 of June deliver a qualitative Final Report to the GS Project Manager.
The drafts produced during this consultancy assignment will be closely discussed with IPA officials.
- Effective and efficient communication with the GS team and with officials from the IPA;
- Participation and co-facilitation of the working group/meetings on drafting the guidelines;
- Flexible on possible new instructions to be taken into consideration which may derive from the GS team through his/her assignment;
- Timely and qualitative submission of all the deliverables and other products that are foreseen within this TOR
- First-level university degree in Law. Master’s degree is an asset;
- At least five (5) years of relevant professional experience, preferably in drafting of legal acts;
- Specific knowledge in drafting of guidelines and subsidiary legislation is an asset;
- Excellent organizational skills with capacity to deal effectively with changing priorities;
- Command of Windows software, Microsoft Office and Microsoft Outlook;
- Ability to keep strict deadlines and deal with several activities simultaneously;
- Fluent in Albanian and English, knowledge of Serbian is an asset
Remuneration will depend on the qualifications and experience of individual experts as well as the detailed work plan to be agreed upon and will be based on the current OSCE consultancy rates.
In order to apply for this position you must complete the OSCE's online application form, found under https://vacancies.osce.org/ Applicants are encouraged to use the online recruitment and only fully completed OSCE applications will be accepted. However, if you have technical difficulties with the system you may use the offline application form found under https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/our-competency-model. and forward the completed form quoting the vacancy number by e-mail to: email@example.com. In line with your qualifications please indicate preference to one or more field of expertise listed above (while using the online application the field of expertise preference can be indicated in the cover letter part). Kindly note that applications received after the deadline, submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form or in other languages than the English language would not be considered. The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply