Deadline for applications: 22 February 2021!
European Union/ Kosovo Justice Sector Programme
The German Foundation for International Legal Cooperation (IRZ)
Local IT Assistant (part-time position)
The German Foundation for International Legal Cooperation (IRZ) was awarded the EU Grant “European Union/ Kosovo Justice Sector Programme” and is therefore looking for a Project IT Assistant in part-time (50%).
The overall objective of the project is to reform the justice system in line with European and international standards.
The Specific Objectives of the project are:
- Strengthening capacities and inter-institutional coordination in the justice sector in accordance with the Functional Review of the Rule of Law Sector and the Strategy that is being developed
- Strengthening the independence, impartiality, accountability, professionalism, quality, efficiency and transparency of the judiciary
- Further consolidation and alignment of the legal and institutional framework with European legislation, standards and practices and implementation of laws improved
- Improving access to justice, particularly for women and disadvantaged or marginalised groups
- Project partners are the Center for International Legal Cooperation (CILC; Netherlands) and the Ministry of Justice and Public Administration of Croatia)
The project started on 1st of October 2020 and has a duration of of 40 months.
Deadline for applications: 22nd of February 2021
Please send your CV and cover letter via e-mail to the following contact person: Ms Trime Ahmeti email@example.com and Ms Rondinella Hoxha firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The IT Assistant supports the EUKOJUST Project Team in the execution of the responsibilities and tasks by providing necessary technical support to ensure functional and effective IT systems and equipment.
The main activities of the IT Assistant will be:
- Provision of assistance in the use of personal computer hardware and software
- Operating a multi-platform computer environment
- Setting up and configuring computers, peripherals and accounts, ensuring they are functional and secure;
- Drafting technical documentation
- Installing and repairing software, hardware and peripherals;
- Testing programs;
- Transferring computer files between platforms;
- Administering user accounts;
- Designing and production of basic reports;
- Checking project’s network for errors and repairing malfunctioning peripherals
- Assisting project team members in troubleshooting problems, diagnosing problems, implementing corrective actions and procedures within prescribed guidelines, and/or escalating to other technical resources as appropriate
- Maintaining systems, databases and web pages;
Qualifications and general professional experience:
- A level of post-secondary education in the field of IT of at least 3 years attested by a diploma,
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in ICT;
- Proven experience with deployment and administration of Microsoft operating systems (Windows Server, Windows 10), Microsoft Office desktop applications and malware scanners
- Proven experience in IT administration and delivery of results in a timely and accurate manner;
- Proven ability to work in intercultural teams;
- Ability to understand and respect all confidential classifications (both government and trade nature) of any government or trade documents, statements or other information he/ she may be given during the exercise of his/ her duties;
- Fluency in English and Albanian is required;
- Very good knowledge of relevant office and computer programs;
- Excellent negotiation, networking, communication, reporting and IT skills.