As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives. It provides viable, forward-looking solutions for political, economic, ecological, and social development in a globalized world. GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis. For more information about GIZ see www.giz.de
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Fit for Jobs project is seeking to fill the position of:
14 Local Interns
Supporting the Employment Agency of the Republic of Kosovo
The overall purpose of the assignment
The main purpose of this assignment is to provide technical assistance to Employment Offices (EO) throughout Kosovo, respectively employment officers and heads of employment offices in providing employment services to employers and job seekers; and assist during the implementation of the Active Labour Market Measures. For this assignment, 14 interns will be engaged who will assist the Employment Offices in the aftermentioned municipalities such as Pristina (1), Obiliq/c (1), Fushe Kosove/Kosovo Polje (1), Podujeva(o) (1), Mitrovica South (1) Mitrovica North (1), Leposaviq/c (1), Skenderaj(1), Gjakove/Djakovica (2), Prizren (1), Suhareka/Suva Reka (1), Rahovec/Orahovac (1), Ferizaj/Urosevac (1).
Main tasks and responsibilities
Assisting the Information Officer/receptionist in:
- Welcoming and orienting the client to get the right help
- Providing job descriptions, services and programs; as well as admission criteria, application processes, and assistance required to complete the application
- Scheduling appointments between the client and the counsellor
- Updating and maintaining information and materials located in the reception to enable easy access to all available information
- Monitoring the flow of clients in the office
- Providing administrative support for the preparation of meetings, seminars and other events.
Assisting the employment counsellor in providing services for jobseekers in:
- Welcoming the clients and providing information on employment services
- Assist in interviewing the unemployed to register with the Information System for Employment Management (SIMP) and identify the main barriers to employment
- Assist in orienting clients in using social networks and other labour market research to contact the potential employer and to find a job
- Assist in the mediation process and orient the client to suitable job offers
- Assist in contacting potential candidates and referring them to vacancies
- Follows the application process of candidates
- Provides assistance with job search skills according to the needs of the unemployed which includes: job search techniques, activation of social networks, and job application
- Assist in providing career counselling by helping the unemployed identify their interest, inclinations, and skills to identify potential career options
- Reviews the implementation of the Individual Plan (PIP) and assist in providing support when undertaking the actions specified in the PIP
- Motivates the client during the entire job search period.
Assisting the employment counsellor in providing services for employers in:
- Organizing visits to businesses on a regular basis during the promotion of services
- Contact employers who advertise vacancies
- Contact employers to promote EO and Active Labour Market Programs, (ALMP) services
- Maintain communication with the employer via email or phone
- Welcomes employers in the EO and provides information on employment services,
- Performs the registration of the employer in SIMP
- Register vacancies in SIMP
- Provides mediation services in accordance with the requirements arising from the competition and the profiles of the unemployed
- Organizes interviews for the final selection of candidates for recruitment at the request of the employer.
Note: The main responsibilities for every intern will be assigned by the Head of the Office upon Interns’ placement into the respective Employment Office.
Required qualifications, competencies and experience
- Student in the last year of studies or recent graduates with a Bachelor's degree in business administration, economics, law, social science, or related discipline that is relevant to accomplish the tasks.
- Initial experience (internship or similar) in the related area, would be an advantage.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Familiarity with relevant stakeholders in the field of employment promotion in Kosovo
- Excellent command of MS Office
- Knowledge of local languages Albanian, Serbian, and Turkish, depending on the municipalities where they are assigned is a must
- Knowledge of the English language is preferred
- Good communication and presentation skills.
Location: Public Employment Offices of the Employment Agency of the Republic of Kosovo:
- Public Employment Office Pristina: 1 position
- Public Employment Office Obiliq/c: 1 position
- Public Employment Office Fushe Kosova/Kosovo Polje: 1 position
- Public Employment Office Podujeve/o: 1 position
- Public Employment Office Mitrovica South: 1 position
- Public Employment Office Mitrovica North: 1 position
- Public Employment Office Leposaviq/c: 1 position
- Public Employment Office Skenderaj/ Srbica: 1 position
- Public Employment Office Gjakova/Djakovica: 2 positions
- Public Employment Office Prizren: 1 position
- Public Employment Office Suhareka/Suva Reka: 1 position
- Public Employment Office Rahovec/Orahovac: 1 position;
- Public Employment Office Ferizaj/Urosevac: 1 position;
Expected start date: 1 February 2022
Duration: The internship will last 6 months.
This is a full-time internship (8 hrs per day, 40 hrs per week)
How to apply?
Interested and, suitably qualified and experienced candidates are invited to submit their electronic application in English, in PDF version, to firstname.lastname@example.org
- CV (Europass template is recommended)
- Letter of motivation
- Diploma(s), references/recommendations
- Subject of the email: Name & Surname – Local Intern – Employment Agency
Applications that do not meet these rules will not be considered!
Deadline for the application: 14 November 2021
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited to the next stage of recruitment.
GIZ encourages female candidates, candidates from ethnic communities as well as candidates with disability to apply.