As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives. It provides viable, forward-looking solutions for political, economic, ecological, and social development in a globalized world. GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis. For more information about GIZ see www.giz.de
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is seeking to fill the position of:
Local Intern – Procurement
The overall purpose of the assignment
The intern will actively assist in general procurement services and support procurement and contracting officers with his/her tasks. He/she will be responsible for assisting with filing documents in reference files in line with GIZ’s filing rules
Main tasks and responsibilities
The local Intern:
- Ensures that the necessary office supplies are available
- Purchases office equipment and supplies within set value limits
- Reports damage to the procurement & contracting officer organises and monitors the service and repair of office equipment
- Photocopies and scans documents accordingly (digital and physical files)
- Organises and compiles information materials
- Labels files in accordance with GIZ filing rules
- Completes forms and tables in accordance with specific instructions from the procurement & contracting officer
- Helps in preparing the call for expression of interest or invitation to tender
- Documents service requests and enquiries
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of the Procurement and Contracting officer.
Required qualifications, competencies and experience
- Student in the last year of studies or recent graduates with a Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, finance, project management, finance or law.
- Initial experience (internship or similar) in this area, would be an advantage.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Very good knowledge of English; German will be an asset
- Good working knowledge of computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Motivated team player with sound judgment and problem-solving skills
- Friendly and helpful attitude; good interpersonal skills and service orientation.
Location: GIZ Office-Pristina
Expected start date: 1 February 2022
Duration: The internship will last 6 months.
This is a full-time internship (8hrs per day, 40hrs per week)
How to apply?
Interested and, suitably qualified and experienced candidates are invited to submit their electronic application in English, in PDF version,to email@example.com
- CV (Europass template is recommended)
- Letter of motivation
- Diploma(s), references/recommendations
- Subject of the email: Name & Surname – Local Intern - Procurement
Applications that do not meet these rules will not be considered!
Deadline for the application: 14 November 2021
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited to the next stage of recruitment.
GIZ encourages female candidates, candidates from ethnic communities as well as candidates with disability to apply.