CALL FOR APPLICATION – CONSULTANCY SERVICES
Duty Station: Pristina, Kosovo
Type of Appointment Consultancy, 3 Months
Estimated Start date: As soon as possible
Reference Code: CFCV-2020/0423
Ministry of Internal Affairs, DCAM and Border Police Department are in the process of drafting the Standard Operation Procedures on the management of the Temporary Reception and Accommodation Center in Vranidoll that will be soon established by IOM in the framework of the Regional Project “ Addressing Covid-19 challenges within the migrant and refugee response in the Western Balkans”, funded by the European Union(EU) Service for Foreign policy Instruments(FPI) Instrument contributing to stability and Peace (IcSP). In parallel with the operational works at this phase further support is needed with the expertise and harmonization of the guidelines within the existing legal framework addressing the management of migration. In addition to this, MIA authorities are working and ensuring that SOPs are included into the migration policies like “The response plan for the management of the potential flux of migrants and refugees” and “National Strategy on Migration 2021-2025”. And in the next phase to be included into the amended Law on Foreigners.
In line with above-mentioned development and taking into account that currently MIA DCAM and Border Police officials lack sufficient expertise in developing and finalizing the SOPs, IOM has been invited to support with expertise in firstly drafting the narrative section of the document and finalizing it in close collaboration with the respective MIA Departments/Divisions involved.
Purpose of the assignment
The main purpose of this assignment is to support the process of drafting the SOPs on the management of the newly established Reception Center for migrants and refugees as well as providing relevant expertise and advice to DCAM and Border Police Officials in the area of reception, identification and referral of new migrant arrivals.
Duties and responsibilities of the local expert
- Collection, review and analysis of relevant primary/secondary legislation related to reception, registration and accommodation of migrants;
- Comprehensive analysis of the existing SOPs of initial registration and reception of migrants;
- Support DCAM and Border Police officials in establishing the working group;
- On-going support on drafting the narrative section of the SOPs;
- Assistance with editing and formatting of the SOPs and approval;
The operational base for this assignment is Pristina, however there may be a requirement to travel to the border crossing points and regional police registration centers.
Commencement date & period of execution
The assignment is expected to start as soon as possible for a period of three (3) months according to the following timeframe:
Activity | Maximum days allocated | Date
- First draft Submission and review of document | 15 | Month 1-2
- Submission and approval of the final document | 5 | Month 3
The Consultant will produce the following:
- SOPs on the management of the reception and accommodation Center for migrants finalized and approved;
- Comprehensive assessment on the cooperation of the respective MIA Departments/Divisions, Border Police and International Partners conducted;
- Policy intervention developed and proposed to include into the existing legal migration framework;
Qualifications and Experience
The advisor should possess the following detailed qualifications and experience:
- Educational qualifications to a least bachelor’s degree level (preferably in Public Administration, Law, or other area relevant to the assignment), or 5 years of relevant professional experience;
- Track record of professional experience with Kosovo institutional structures in the Home Affairs sector preferably in the Migration.
- Strong policy and analytical skills, demonstrated through academic records and/or documented successful previous involvement in evaluative work;
- Excellent English language skills and local languages, Albanian and Serbian– written and spoken.
- Specific experience in two or more of the following domains:
- Migration Management;
- Migration and Development
- Strategic and Policy Development;
- Policy cycle management;
- Development of Training Needs Analysis and Capacity Building programmes;
Method of application:
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation. Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment.
This post is subject to local recruitment. Only persons holding a valid residence and work permit for Kosovo will be eligible for consideration.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application (CV and cover letter) to IOMPristina@iom.int by May 02, 2021 midnight at the latest, referring to CFCV-2020/0423 in the subject line.
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Posting period:
From 23 April 2021 to 02 May 2021