Location : Prishtina, Kosovo, UNSCR 1244 (1999)
Application Deadline : 23-Jun-21 (Midnight New York, USA)
Type of Contract : Individual Contract
Post Level : National Consultant
Languages Required : English
Starting Date : 05-Jul-2021
Duration of Initial Contract : 05 July – 30 September 2021 (32 working days)
Expected Duration of Assignment : 05 July – 30 September 2021 (32 working days)
The costs of institutional response to the crisis are continuously facing diverse challenges on equal distribution amongst the population and are affecting social groups differently. While policy responses must be just, fair, and equal for all, they should also attempt to address diverse needs be it of women, youth, minority communities, or disabled individuals.
The Social Assistance Scheme (SAS) absorbs approximately 88% of the budget for social assistance. The pandemic has exposed a series of gaps in the governance system which has affected the work of institutions and other service delivery entities in provision of social services. The work of social service providers is augmented through licensed NGOs/other entities who cooperate with CSWs, municipal departments, and the Ministry of Finance, Labour, and Transfers (MFLT).
The administrative instruction Nr. 02/2020 on licencing on NGOs and private legal entities providing social and family services sets out the application procedures, conditions, and criteria that must be met by NGOs and Legal Entities in order to license for provision of social and family services, organization, and functioning of commissions that implement and decide on the licencing procedure, the issuance, rejection, renewal, and revocation of licences as well as the types of licences appeal procedure and payment of licencing fees. As such, UNDP continues to support the establishment of proper legal infrastructure to the MFLT/DSFP and NGOs/legal entities providing social and family services.
Objectives of Assignment
NGOs/private legal entities delivering services in social and family areas are able to develop business plans ensuring their continued operation.
Duties and ResponsibilitiesThe expert will work under direct supervision of the Project Manager to:
a. Complete the desk review of appropriate literature, including the Manual for licensing of Non-Governmental Organizations and other private legal entities that provide social and family services and analyses social and family services business plans from different institutions and international organizations.
b. Design a two-day training module for NGOs and other private legal entities working with social and family services for drafting individual business plans based on the format provided under the Manual.
c. Deliver trainings on the development of business plans related to social and family services.
d. Provide mentorship to 60 NGOs/Private Legal Entities in developing their business plans, in close coordination with DSFP.
e. Prepare final report on delivered trainings and produced documents.
Expected Outputs and Deliverables
- Complete the desk review of appropriate literature (1.5 working day)
- Design a two-day training module for NGOs and other Private Legal Entities (3 working days)
- Deliver trainings on the development of business plans related to social and family services, for 60 NGOs/legal entities, divided into three groups / 2 days per each group (6 working days)
- Provide mentorship to 60 NGOs/Private Legal Entities in developing their business plans (20 working days)
- Prepare final report on delivered trainings and produced documents (1.5 working day)
Remuneration - Lump Sum Amount
The Contract is based on lump sum remuneration and shall be processed subject to deliverables as per the schedule listed below:
- First installment 40% of the contract value upon successful completion and validation of deliverables 1 and 2 by UNDP.
- Second installment 50% of the contract value upon successful completion and validation of deliverables 3 and 4, by UNDP in consultation with the MFLT/DSPF.
- Last installment 10% upon successful completion and validation of deliverable 5 by UNDP.
Required Presentation of Offer:
The following documents must be submitted:
- Letter of Confirmation of Interest and Availability
- Personal CV and P11, indicating all past experience from similar projects, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Offeror and at least three (3) professional references.
- Technical proposal, a max. 2-page document briefly outlining the methodology envisaged for the assignment for delivering the expected results within the indicated timeframe.
- Financial proposal, that indicates professional daily fee including total amount for whole duration of the assignment.
- Copy of Diplomas and copy of Passport.
Criteria for Selection of the Best Offer
Combined Scoring method – where the qualifications and methodology will be weighted a max. of 70%, and combined with the price offer which will be weighted a max of 30%.
- Committed to professionalism, impartiality, accountability and integrity.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality, ethnicity, and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Demonstrates substantial experience in gender equality. Actively promotes gender equality in all activities.
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism.
- Empathy and patience, people orientation.
- Ability to work effectively within a team.
- Punctuality and honoring of commitments.
- Ability to synthesize research, various viewpoints, and draw conclusions on the related subjects.
- Ability to pay attention to details.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish effective working relations in a multicultural team environment.
- Good organizational skills.
- Commitment to accomplish work.
- Responds positively to critical feedback.
- Results and task oriented
Required Skills and ExperienceEducation:
- Master or University degree in economy, business administration, social work, project management or a related field with certification for preparation business plan.
- At least 5 years of experience in strategy planning, business planning or development, ideally in the third sector.
- Experience in preparing and delivering high quality trainings, for business plan and facilitation workshops.
- Knowledge and experience in working in the field of social protection, employment and/or social & family services, is an advantage.
- Knowledge of Kosovo’s social system and familiarity with programs or policy in social sector part of Ministry of Finance, Labour, and Transfers (MFLT)/Department of Social Policy and Families is an advantage.
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills in clear and fluent Albanian and English. Knowledge of Serbian is considered an asset.
- Click on the "Apply now" button;
- Input your information in the appropriate sections: personal information, language proficiency, education, resume and motivation; you can type in, or paste your short Resume into the last box;
- Upon completion of the first page, please hit "submit application" tab at the end of the page. On the next page, you will be asked to upload your Resume;
- System will only allow one attachment. All docs (CV; P11; financial offer; list of similar profiles should be included as one attachment).
- Please make sure to submit all the requested documents/information; otherwise, your application will be considered incomplete.