Local Expert on Drafting the Public Procurement and Management of Public Finances Sector Section of the Anti-corruption Strategy Department
Location : Prishtina, Kosovo, UNSCR 1244 (1999)
Application Deadline : 17-Aug-21 (Midnight New York, USA)
Type of Contract : Individual Contract
Post Level : National Consultant
Languages Required : English
Starting Date : 25-Aug-2021
Duration of Initial Contract : 25 August- 31 December 2021
Expected Duration of Assignment : 25 August- 31 December 2021
Kosovo’s Anti-corruption Agency is mandated to draft an Anti-corruption Strategy and accompanying Action Plan for the period 2022-2025. The Strategy is slated to be completed, submitted and approved by the Kosovo authorities by the end of 2021.
UNDP SAEK III continues to provide technical support to the Anti-Corruption Agency for the drafting of the strategy, including the members of the working group for drafting the Strategy and Action Plan which is comprised of 50 representatives of Kosovo institutions and civil society. The draft Strategy will be comprised of 4 sectors: Political, Public Administration, Law Enforcement and the Judiciary, Public Procurement and the Management of Public Finances. Each sector will include a description of what has been achieved, what are the main problems, and what are the measures prescribed to improve the fight against corruption.
Objectives of Assignment
Draft the Public Procurement and Management of Public Finances sector section of the Kosovo Anti-Corruption Strategic Plan.
Duties and ResponsibilitiesThe local expert, under the direct supervision of the Project Manager will deliver the following:
- Conduct a review of primary and secondary legislation regarding the sector, assessment reports from international organizations and civil society;
- Facilitate a meeting of a focus group of the respective sectors' officials and experts to receive feedback on the current status of anti-corruption efforts in the field and what measures need to be undertaken over the next five years;
- Draft a sector chapter of the strategy explaining what has been accomplished, what are the main problems and what measures should be prescribed, based on inputs from professional stakeholders and an objective assessment of the current status and needs;
- Draft a set of measures for the sector of the action plan according to the standard format for Kosovo strategy documents;
- Include all relevant feedback gathered from public discussion in the Public Procurement and Management of Public Finances Sector Chapter.
- Consolidate feedback gathered from a public discussion.
- Work plan indicating the timeline of implementation of the activities.
- A final written report on a Public Finances and Public Procurement Sector section of the strategy explaining what has been accomplished, what are the main problems and what measures should be prescribed.
- A final report on a set of measures for the sector of the action plan according to the standard format for Kosovo strategies and action plans.
Remuneration - Lump Sum Amount
The Contract is based on lump sum remuneration and shall be processed subject to deliverables as per the schedule listed below:
- Deliverable 1 – 20% of the total amount of the contract upon submission of the work-plan indicating the timeline of implementation of the activities.
- Deliverable 2 – 50% of the total amount of the contract upon submission of a final written report on a political sector section of the strategy.
- Deliverable 3 – 30% of the total amount of the contract upon submission of a final report on a set of measures for the political sector of the action plan according to the standard format for Kosovo strategies and action plans;
Required Presentation of Offer:
The following documents are requested:
- Personal CV and P11, indicating all past experience from similar projects, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Offeror and at least three (3) professional references;
- Brief description of why the individual considers him/herself as the most suitable for the assignment
- Financial Proposal that indicates all inclusive lump sum amount for whole duration of the assignment.
- Copy of Diplomas and copy of Passport
Criteria for selection of the Best Offer
Offers will be evaluated utilizing a combined Scoring method – where the qualifications and technical proposal will be weighted a max. of 70% and combined with the price offer which will be weighted a max of 30%.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards
- Promotes the vision, mission and strategic goals of UNDP
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism
- Plans, prioritizes and delivers tasks on time
- Ability to work independently and takes initiative in addressing problems encountered
- Ability to establish effective working relations in a multicultural team environment; supports effective and efficient teamwork
- Result orientated and constructive attitude
- Analytical and strategic thinking
- Ability to design and manage coordination processes, including with multiple stakeholders
- Good knowledge of organizational policies and procedures related to the position and ability to apply them consistently in work tasks
- Good knowledge of information technology and ability to apply it in work assignments
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of other.
Required Skills and ExperienceEducation:
- Master’s level degree in in finance, economics, public administration, law, political science or related field.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in the public procurement and/or public finance management sector, public sector, civil society or with an international organization.
- Proven experience in drafting strategies and action plans, assessments, policy papers or legal regulations.
- Proven experience in policy advice, research and analysis on issues pertaining to the Public Procurement and Management of Public Finances sector.
- Fluency in both oral and written English and Albanian or Serbian.
- Click on the "Apply now" button.
- Input your information in the appropriate Sections: personal information, language proficiency, education, resume and motivation; You can type in, or paste your short Resume into the last box.
- Upon completion of the first page, please hit "submit application" tab at the end of the page. On the next page, you will be asked to upload your Resume.
- System will only allow one attachment. All docs (CV; P11; financial offer; list of similar profiles should be included as one attachment).
- Please make sure to submit all the requested documents/information; otherwise, your application will be considered incomplete.