- Issued by: OSCE Mission in Kosovo
- Requisition ID: GOV00001E
- Contract Type: Special Service Agreement (SSA) / Consultant
- Grade: No grade
- Job Type: Consultant
- Number of posts: 1
- Location: OSCE Mission in Kosovo, Prishtine / Pristina
- Posting Date: Mar 30, 2022
- Closing Date: Apr 5, 2022
- Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (First-level university degree or equivalent)
- Job Field: Rule of Law
- Target Start Date: 15/04/2022
The Governance Sections (GS) 2022 project Promoting Quality in Public Processes will continue to support the Information and Privacy Agency (IPA) in promoting the right to access public documents. To this end, the GS will hire a local administrative expert to support the IPA in strengthening professional capacities of its administrative staff. The Mission has been supporting the IPA in its establishment and promotion since it was de jure established, through enactment of the Law on Protection of Personal Data and the law on Access to Public Documents in 2019. Although the IPA inherited the structure from the previously known Agency for Protection of Personal Data, the process of establishment of IPA according to the new legislation has commenced and intensified only with appointment of the Commissioner in 2021.
Objective of Assignment:
The objective of this consultancy is to support the IPA in increasing internal professional capacities on administrative processes, advising in staff recruitment processes and drafting of the guidelines on implementation of recruitment procedures.
Duration of Assignment:
The consultant will be engaged for 45 days.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
The administrative procedure local expert will be tasked to:
a) Train the Personnel Unit staff and members of the Disciplinary Commissions on implementation of the legal framework on public officials;
b) Oversee and advise the IPA in the recruitment process of 12 positons in the agency;
c) Drafting of the guidelines on implementation of the recruitment procedures;
d) Provision of legal advice in implementation of the law on access to public documents and the protection of personal data.
At the end of the assignment, the local legal expert will also draft a final report on the performed tasks.
The consultant will report to the GS Activity Manager and work closely with other members of the GS team. The consultant shall submit the following deliverables:
- Timely submission of monthly reports, by the end of each working month between 01 of April and 30 September 2022, covering the major tasks performed in the respective month, by the end of each month including gender desegregated data were applicable;
- By 30 of June, submit the draft Guideline on implementation of the recruitment;
- By 30 of September, submit the Final Report including gender-desegregated data applicable.
The expert will work closely with IPAs head, the Commissioner, and the General Director.
- Effective and efficient communication with the GS team and with officials from the IPA;
- Participation and co-facilitation of the working group/meetings during the activity implementation;
- Participation and co-facilitation of the working group/meetings on drafting the guidelines;
- Flexible on possible new instructions to be taken into consideration which may derive from the GS team through his/her assignment;
- Timely and qualitative submission of all the deliverables and other products that are foreseen within this TOR.
- University degree in, Public Administration, Law, or a related discipline.
- At least five (5) years of relevant professional experience, preferably in administrative processes;
- Administrative and/or policy background with emphasis on recruitment and disciplinary procedures, is an asset;
- Specific knowledge in drafting of guidelines, regulations and training experience;
- Excellent organizational skills with capacity to deal effectively with changing priorities;
- Command of Windows software, Microsoft Office and Microsoft Outlook;
- Ability to keep strict deadlines and deal with several activities simultaneously;
- Fluent in Albanian and English, knowledge of Serbian is an asset.
Remuneration will depend on the qualifications and experience of individual experts as well as the detailed work plan to be agreed upon and will be based on the current OSCE consultancy rates.
In order to apply for this position, you must complete the OSCE's online application form, found under https://vacancies.osce.org/. Applicants are encouraged to use the online recruitment and only fully completed OSCE applications will be accepted. However, if you have technical difficulties with the system you may use the offline application form found under https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/our-competency-model and forward the
completed form quoting the vacancy number by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. In line with your qualifications please indicate preference to one or more fields of expertise listed above (while using the online application the field of expertise preference can be indicated in the cover letter part). Kindly note that applications received after the deadline, submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form, or in other languages than the English language would not be considered. The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply.