- Requisition ID: SPE000001
- Contract Type: Special Service Agreement (SSA) / Consultant
- Grade: No grade
- Location: OSCE Mission in Kosovo, Prishtine / Pristina
- Posting Date: Jun 25, 2021
- External Closing Date: Jul 4, 2021
- Target Start Date: Jul 15, 2021
- Job Type: Consultant
- Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (First-level university degree or equivalent)
The Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE) Mission in Kosovo, through its Special Advisory Unit (SAU) - Department for Security and Public Safety (DSPS) – is planning to implement two project activities for the Kosovo Academy for Public Safety (KAPS).
By supporting the request of the KAPS management for creating a webinar room, the Mission will help the security sector integrate international practices into the training and learning even during the pandemic. It will also enable law enforcement agencies and public safety institutions, as well as judges and prosecutors to continue collaboration with CEPOL and other security networks. Furthermore, the KP students attending the basic, advanced and specialized professional training at KAPS, and those attending bachelor programmes within its Faculty of Public Safety, will also use the webinar room.
With the aim to promote the educational and development phases of law enforcement institutions over the last 20 years, as well as promote the support given by the international community on creating democratic law enforcement agencies, the KAPS management has asked the Mission for support in creating a showroom/corner within its facilities, as seen in many modern police academies/colleges around Europe. This corner will be developed by SAU in close co-operation with the Mission’s Office of Political Affairs and Communications (OPAC), which will serve to present uniforms, equipment and other law enforcement items to local and international delegations visiting KAPS. It will also contain a photo-shooting place to be used by children from primary and secondary schools who visit the academy and other youngsters who will use the facilities for social events. The community engagement will help KAPS to attract youth, strengthen co-operation with law enforcement providers, build trust in police and improve exchange of information with police by addressing different threats related to their age.
The Mission will hire a local architect with interior design expertise who will provide the concept plan and art works, as well as monitor the installation based on his/her detailed plans/projects for execution of a Webinar- and Showroom. The architect will deliver detailed plans/projects during July 2021, while KAPS is to provide a suitable location on its premises and provide human resources for the installation of the rooms. Purchase of materials for implementation of both activities will be conducted by the Mission.
Objective of Assignment:
Supporting KAPS and public safety agencies in creating a webinar room for online training and education of all law enforcement agencies, and promoting law enforcement career development and possibilities by creating the academy show-room corner.
Duration of Assignment:
The duration of consultancy is 12 working days.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the activity manager of DSPS/SAU, the architect with interior design expertise shall:
- Draft an interior design project proposal/concept (art work) for execution of webinar room at KAPS;
- Draft an interior design project proposal/concept (art work) for execution of the decoration of the showroom at KAPS;
- Provide estimated cost and required detailed plans/projects for execution which includes tools for isolation of the Webinar room (carpet, equipping soundproof studio, soundproof sponge to the walls and plastic ceiling) at KAPS;
- Provide estimated cost and required detailed plans/projects for execution on creating the showroom (Plexiglass cabins, lightening, manikin dolls, impression book, shelves) at KAPS;
- In close co-operation and co-ordination with the OSCE SAU activity manager and assigned staff from KAPS responsible for installation, the hired expert will monitor and follow up of the delivery and installation of his/her detailed plans/projects for execution (art work) of the webinar and showroom at KAPS;
- By beginning of July 2021, finalize proposal/concept (art work) and submit the final version of the design concept for the webinar to the Mission
- By beginning of July 2021, finalize proposal/concept (art work) and submit the final version of the design concept for the show room/corner to the Mission
- By mid July 2021, monitor the finalization of the webinar room at KAPS;
- By mid July 2021, monitor the finalization of the showroom at KAPS;
- By end of July 2021, the local architect will provide final consultancy report.
- Architect with interior design knowledge will submit finalized design plan to the OSCE SAU activity manager for clearance before installation;
- Architect with interior design knowledge ensures quality production and detailed plans on installation of the items as per project ;
- Complete and monitor the installation per detailed plans/projects for execution within the time-frame set out in the contract;
- Final proposal/concept (art work) for webinar room at KAPS, in the agreed form and of quality satisfactory to the SAU activity manager;
- Final proposal/concept (art work) for decoration of the showroom at KAPS, in the agreed form and of quality satisfactory to the SAU activity manager;
- Design would be finalized in consultation with and to the satisfaction of the SAU activity manager and KAPS Management;
- SAU activity manager and KAPS Management will provide the expert with the necessary information related to both activities (webinar room and showroom);
- The final consultancy report is submitted to the SAU activity manager on time.
- Graduated architect with interior design expertise;
- Five (5) years of experience in architecture, managing and monitoring projects and with expertise to design, illustrate, and ensure quality interior design services;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Written and oral communication skills in Albanian and Serbian. Knowledge of English is desirable;
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work as a member of a team, with people of different cultural and religious backgrounds and different gender.
Remuneration will depend on the qualifications and experience of individual experts as well as the detailed work plan to be agreed upon and will be based on the current OSCE consultancy rates.
In order to apply for this position you must complete the OSCE's online application form, found under https://jobs.osce.org/. Applicants are encouraged to use the online recruitment and only fully completed OSCE applications will be accepted. However, if you have technical difficulties with the system you may use the offline application form found under https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/offline-application form and forward the completed form quoting the vacancy number by e-mail to: email@example.com. In line with your qualifications please indicate preference to one or more field of expertise listed above (while using the online application the field of expertise preference can be indicated in the cover letter part). Kindly note that applications received after the deadline, submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form or in other languages than the English language would not be considered. The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply.