- Issued by: OSCE Mission in Kosovo
- Requisition ID: LAW000020
- Contract Type: Local Contracted
- Grade: G5
- Job Level: General Services
- Job Type: Contracted
- Number of posts: 1
- Location: OSCE Mission in Kosovo, Gjilan / Gnjilane
- Posting Date: Jun 2, 2022
- Closing Date: Jul 2, 2022
- Employee Status: Fixed Term
- Schedule: Full-time
- Education Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
- Job Field: Rule of Law
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of Senior Legal Officer and the overall supervision of the Director of Regional Centre, the incumbent, provides programmatic and secretarial support to the Law and Justice Section. The Legal Assistant will be tasked with:
- Assisting in monitoring and analyzing on a broad range of human rights and rule of law issues in Kosovo and supporting the drafting of reports based on information gathered through research and personal interviews on the basis of instruction received from supervisor(s);
- Providing pre-assessments of court procedure and/or legal documents with regard to Human Rights standards and Rule of Law principles;
- Assisting in managing Human Rights and Rule of Law projects within the unified budget and based on extra-budgetary funding, including preparing draft project proposals, assisting in the project budgeting and in the logistics of single activities;
- Conducting (internet) research on a broad range of Rule of Law issues as well as on Human and Community Rights subjects;
- Maintaining regular contacts with members of other international and local institutions;
- Reviewing the local media on a daily basis for legal developments related to Human and Community Rights issues in the justice sector and/or legislative drafting;
- Translating legal documents and other relevant legal texts drafted by the section;
- Accompanying the supervisor(s) to provide interpretation (consecutively and simultaneous) services during meetings, conferences seminars, round table meetings, etc., preparing minutes and reports on those events, as requested.
- In close cooperation with procurement, organizing meetings and seminars, notifying participants of time, date and subject matter including preparatory work and other logistics;
- Collecting, reviewing, sorting out and distributing incoming mail, dispatching outgoing mail, maintaining the supervisors' calendar and scheduling appointments; organizing the office files, ensuring the availability of office supplies, etc.
Performing other duties as required.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Mission in Kosovo, please see: http://www.osce.org/mission-in-kosovo
- Completed secondary school supplemented by formal studies in law, social science, administration or languages.
- Minimum 4 years working experience in an administrative position in a Legal Office, preferably with international organisations or governmental agencies; working experience and/or knowledge in the areas of human rights and/or rule of law.
- Computer literate with practical experience with Microsoft applications.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and of local languages; It will be an asset to know any other local language.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 1084.00 Euro/month. Social benefits will include participation in the OSCE Group Insurance Plan (Health, Life, Accidental Disability and Temporary Incapacity Insurance) and the OSCE Provident Fund. Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://vacancies.osce.org/.
Applicants are encouraged to use the online recruitment and only fully completed OSCE applications will be accepted. However, if you have technical difficulties with the system you may use the offline application form found under https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/offline-application-form and forward the completed form quoting the vacancy number by e-mail to: Recruitment.OMiK@osce.org. Kindly note that applications received after the deadline, submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form or in languages other than the English language shall not be considered.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise/re-post the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Only those candidates who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Candidates should be aware that OSCE officials shall conduct themselves at all times in a manner befitting the status of an international civil servant. This includes avoiding any action which may adversely reflect on the integrity, independence and impartiality of their position and function as officials of the OSCE. The OSCE is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. For more information on the values set out in OSCE Competency Model, please see https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/our-competency-model.
Please note that for this position the OSCE does not reimburse expenses such as travel in connection with interviews, tests, visas and relocation.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.