CALL FOR APPLICATION
Position Title: Language teachers
Duty Station: Pristina
Type of Appointment: Consultancy, 4 months
Estimated Start date: As soon as possible
Reference Code: CFA-2020/1811
Established in 1951, IOM is a related agency of the United Nations, and as the leading UN Agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental, and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Within the framework of the Social inclusion programme, IOM is promoting the importance of learning the official languages for the social cohesion in Kosovo. With the aim to improve equal access to services and information in all official languages by improving language skills of citizens and public servants, together with our implementing partners, IOM is currently developing intensive language courses for courts’ translators / interpreters. Eligible candidates (experts / companies / institutions) are invited to apply to conduct/ deliver language training.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and direct supervision of the Project Coordinator and in cooperation with other language experts and implementing partners, the incumbents will be responsible to:
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Deliver courses for court translators/interpreters.
- Deliver training/teach online courses for court translators and interpreters relevant to his/her language expertise, while employing technology that combines blended delivery modes such as online, distance learning, virtual tutorials and the like, and while closely following the curriculum and using the existing materials and those produced by the team;
- Develop assessment plans for participants and undertake their assessments
Other duties and responsibilities
- Closely collaborate and coordinate his/her activities with other team members so as to achieve full consistency and uniformity of the courses designed for both languages (in terms of topics covered, terminology and vocabulary encompassed, linguistic and professional aspects tackled, );
- Support and advise the Programme Coordinator (PC) concerning training activities and subjects and provide expert support to other team members;
- Provide expert support to the team of Albanian-Serbian/Serbian-Albanian Dictionary Authors and Editors in the working process of development of the online dictionary and propose necessary corrections;
- Propose corrections and manners of improvement of the prepared syllabus for new and/or the existing VocUp language courses;
- Participate in regular (bi-weekly) sessions (meetings or Skype conferences) and provide progress updates to the IOM Project Coordinator;
- Assist in designing follow-up activities;
- Provide expert support in other tasks related to the Project implementation;
- Prepare monthly and final report.
January – March 2021
QUALIFICATION AND COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
- Advanced university degree in a related field
- Proven experience on similar assignments
- Experience in translation / official languages is an advantage
- Strong communication and intercultural skills
- Fluency in English and one of official languages in Kosovo (oral and written)
Method of application:
Call is open for interested individuals / teams / companies / institutions. Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications (CV and Cover Letter) to IOMPristina@iom.int by 26 November 2020 midnight at the latest, referring to CFA-2020/1811 in the subject line.
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 18.11.2020 to 26.11.2020