We are a leading organisation for the implementation of international development projects. We promote inclusive economic, social and ecological development to make an effective contribution towards sustainable and widespread prosperity in developing and emerging economies.
‘Boost Employment’ is the new project of Swisscontact Albania office aiming at economic development and labour market integration of unemployed job seekers in Albania and Kosovo. The project will be active until December 2024 and is working with key labour market public, civil society, and private sector stakeholders by utilizing digital, innovative and proactive solutions. The project supports a digital platform that should work in three main directions to enhance the relations between job seekers and employers, by providing competence-based assessments, guided development and matching skills, by establishing and enforcing policy and dialogue among key labour market stakeholders, by raising awareness among the mass population about the improved solutions and opportunities in Albania and Kosovo labour market. To contribute to the growth of the target groups, the project works to solve important constraints such as: lack of life and professional skills among youth, lack of knowledge and orientation about labour market opportunities, lack of access and proper services for these categories at various levels, and weak cooperation among state and private sector stakeholders in employment.
The main purpose of this intervention is to support the upgrade of the Operational Manual for Provision of Employment Services by Agency of Employment of the Republic of Kosovo. Integration of Coaching for Employment Methodology (C4EE), implemented in Kosovo public employment services since 2018, will be among the basis for this upgrade.
To support us in the project activities we are looking for 1 (ONE) labour market expert to work in the project component two, Policy and Dialogue.
The Terms of Reference for this assignment are available on this link LINK.
Labour Market Expert
Employment start: July 2021
Contract duration: 30 days in the period July - September 2021
Place of work: Kosovo
Type of contract: Consultancy contract
- Master’s degree in social sciences, Economy, Business Administration, or another relevant
- At least 5 years of experience working in the field of employment and labour market.
- At least 3 years of proven experience in developing and revising manuals and guidelines.
- Excellent analytical and writing skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective facilitation skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office skills.
- Proactivity, self-motivation, and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Highly developed time management skills
- Excellent command of Albanian and English. Knowledge of Serbian language is an added advantage.
- Support Employment Agency of the Republic of Kosovo (EARK) to fully review the existing
Operational Manual for Provision of Employment Services and upgrade it, including annexes as an integral part of the Manual.
- Support the development of additional annexes for the Operational Manual.
- Facilitate working group meetings and workshops with participants from EARK, and ensure main action points are communicated to the working group and Swisscontact after each
- Coordinate with Project team in the implementation of the activities.
Swisscontact offers attractive working conditions in an international and multicultural context. We see our work as a joint effort in an agile organizational culture: mutual respect, trust and teamwork.
We look forward to receiving your online application with the following documents:
- Motivation letter (max 1 page);
- Curriculum Vitae
Deadline for Application: July 10, 2021
Application to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org AND email@example.com
For further information please visit www.swisscontact.org