External Call for Applications 2-2020 for local staff
The EULEX Kosovo Mission is inviting qualified candidates to apply for its currently short-term vacant Local Staff positions in the Medical Unit and the Security and Safety Department to meet its current operational demands created by COVID-19 pandemic situation.
- Title: Laboratory Technician, Temporary Job Opening
- Ref. no: LST 0004
- Region: Pristina
- Grade: 3
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic the EULEX Mission is increasing its medical team to meet the demands placed on its health services.
While this temporary assignment may provide the successful applicant with an opportunity to gain new work experience, the selection for this position is for a limited period and has no bearing on the future incumbency of the post.
The contract is for a period of six (6) months. A possibility of extension will be assessed close to the end of the initial contract based on the development of the COVID-19 situation.
Incumbent of this position will be allowed to have additional part-time work provided that the required 38.5 hours per week is dedicated to EULEX Kosovo and a combine working week time of 60 hours is not exceeded.
Under the general supervision of the EULEX Chief of Medical Unit the Laboratory Technician will report to the International Nurse.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Perform laboratory tests as required;
- Collect and prepare the biological samples, according to the instructions and standard safety procedures;
- Ensure safety of patients in performance of duties;
- Refer to outside laboratories as required;
- Maintain, perform and implement internal & external quality control;
- Maintain technical condition of laboratory equipment;
- Keep records and update statistics regularly;
- Insert test results to the documentation system, report to doctors and follow-up as required;
- Accords patients fair and equal treatment regardless of ethnic background;
- Understand and secure patient confidentiality;
- Actively contribute in preventive and promotional medical fairs;
- Participate in shift work and on-calls as required;
- Performs other duties as
- High School Diploma in Technical/Laboratory Science;
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in clinical laboratory work; Candidates with recent professional experience will be preferred;
- Spoken and written command of the English language, as well as Albanian and/or Serbian;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
- Willingness to learn and keep abreast of new developments;
- Good maths and solid computer skills in MS Office applications and other relevant software;
- Commitment to quality, punctuality, ability to perform and attention to detail;
- Absolute discretion, reliability and
The overview of these short-term advertised vacant positions with their job descriptions can be found in the following link: Job Description
There is no deadline for application & the interviews will be held when there is a sufficient number of qualified candidates for each vacancy.
In order to apply, please visit the Online Application Form.