Helvetas is a development organization anchored in Switzerland and operating throughout Eastern and South-Eastern Europe. Our vision is a just world in which all men and women determine the course of their lives in dignity and security, sustainably using environmental resources.
For a regional program on Inclusive Economic Development, implemented on behalf of the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA) across 12 countries in Eastern and South- Eastern Europe, we are looking for a Knowledge Management and Learning Manager to join the team in January 2021. The employment is tied to the duration of the agreement with Sida (an Inception Phase of 22 months till April 2022 and a subsequent 5-year main phase).
KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT AND LEARNING MANAGER (100%)
YOUR MAIN TASKS
Knowledge management and learning is at the heart of the program. Based in one of the 12 countries, you will be responsible for leading and coordinating the program’s knowledge management and learning and be part of a dynamic and networked team with flat hierarchical structures working across Eastern and South-Eastern Europe, with the overall program management based in Bern.
Your tasks will vary significantly and require continuous adaptation as well as traveling throughout the region (including also other counties in which the program is active). Your tasks mainly revolve around three areas:
- Knowledge Management and Learning: lead and support the establishment and running of a system to stimulate and foster a strong knowledge and learning culture for active discourse between the program and its partners and stakeholders in line with the overall objectives and approach. This requires bringing good practices and experiences and significantly increasing the impacts of the program through the systematic generation, documentation, and sharing of knowledge and learning, to leveraging existing practices and at the same time generating new innovative
- Coordination: coordinate with other key program team members, specifically with Monitoring and Results Measurement as well as Communication Managers, following the Sida Collaboration Agreement, assuring quality in implementation and achievement of objectives. This includes research and design, backstopping partners in identifying and sharing more creative, efficient, and effective ways of learning and collaboration.
- Other support: provide support to the program’s compliance with required administrative and financial processes, most importantly good risk management grounded in a strong evidence base, and iteratively adapted to remain relevant throughout implementation.
We are looking for an open-minded professional, curious and eager to try out new things and able to motivate others to take responsibilities in achieving a shared vision; who understands her/his role as enabler and facilitator for knowledge management, learning, and innovation and is concerned about applying good practices in management and administration.
We strongly encourage the application of women and people of non-binary gender identity.
Minimum criteria are:
- An academic degree (Master or equivalent) in knowledge management, organizational learning, development studies/economics, or similar social sciences.
- At least 7 years of relevant work experience and demonstrated understanding of knowledge management and learning principles and capacity.
- Excellent facilitation skills geared towards knowledge management and learning agenda for addressing critical gaps and stimulating discourse among partners and stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills in English (spoken and written), in particular the ability to synthesize complex concepts and ideas.
- An understanding of the Market Systems Development (MSD) / Making Markets Work for the Poor (M4P) approach to engage in iterative, consultative processes that can foster engagement and buy-in, enhance relevance and use, and facilitate coordination and collaboration.
- We are looking for competencies in championing innovative ways of coaching/consulting, training/capacity building, management, and team leadership, analytical and strategic thinking, communication.
- Experience in results-oriented Project Cycle Management.
- Knowledge of another language spoken in the region is of advantage.
We offer you an interesting challenge in a motivated team with attractive working conditions including a salary that is competitive on the regional market for senior experts. Depending on the country, you will have a working space in one of our offices but have the flexibility to work independently from a home office and other offices in the region. The program spans across a region of 12 countries and will include different forms of online team collaboration but also frequent travels.
We look forward to receiving your complete application including a motivation letter and CV by 15 November 2020. Please send your applications to email@example.com, for more information visit our website www.helvetas.org/en/eastern-europe or send your inquiries to the mentioned email address.