As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives. It provides viable, forward-looking solutions for political, economic, ecological and social development in a globalised world. GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis. For more information see: www.giz.de
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Country Office in Pristina and Innovation and Training Park (ITP) Prizren are seeking to fill the position of:
Junior Procurement Specialist
The overall purpose of the post
The Junior Procurement Specialist will be in charge to:
- Assist the Country Office of GIZ Kosovo in the establishment and implementation of procurement procedures analogous to GIZ’s processes and rules (P+R) for a co-financing of the Kosovo government received for the Innovation and Training Park (ITP) Prizren (ITP Prizren) and the processing of any procurement in accordance with these procedures
- Support the Innovation and Training Park (ITP) Prizren project and especially its facility management with all procurement for the project (strong focus on construction works, but also services and goods).
Main task and responsibilities
The Junior Procurement Specialist will assume the following tasks and responsibilities:
GIZ Kosovo (Country Office) (3 days/ week in Pristina)
- Supports the establishment of procurement procedures analogous to GIZ’s P+R for funds of the ITP association managed by GIZ via an escrow account (2 million EUR to be held in trust by the ITP project)
- Supports the development of a system analogous to CoSoft and ProSoft to enter and maintain data relevant for procurement and tenders
- Assists in managing the processes of local procurement of construction works and services for the ITP in accordance with the procurement procedures analogous to GIZ’s P+R; including the invitation to tender, tender opening, negotiations, preparation and conclusion of contracts and supplements, etc.
- Assists in managing the processes of local and international procurement of goods for the ITP including the invitation and preparation of tenders, tender opening and assessment, order processing, etc.
- Supports in any other procurement-related duties and tasks.
Innovation and Training Park (ITP) Prizren project (2 days/ week in Prizren)
- Works closely with the project team, especially the facility management, to understand the details of the requirements for planned procurement by the project (strong focus on construction works, but also services and goods)
- Advises and supports on the preparation of required documents; including bills of quantities for construction work
- Supports to obtain prior approval from the Procurement and Contracting Division at GIZ’s head office in Germany for individual procurement cases above the thresholds defined by P+R
- Supports the procurement processes from the side of the project
- Assists in case of any supplements needed for contracts
- Supports in the monitoring of construction and service contracts, as well as financing agreements
- Documents and files the documents for individual procurement cases and financing of the project in accordance with the requirements by P+R
- He/she performs other related duties and tasks upon the request of the management.
Required qualifications, competencies and experience
- University degree in business administration, economics, public administration or any related field.
- At least 2 years of professional experience in a comparable position.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Additional certification in the field of procurement desired
- Strong knowledge of the market conditions in Kosovo, especially in terms of construction works
- Very good working knowledge of ITC technologies and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Excellent knowledge of English; German is an added value
- Impeccable negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
- Willingness to commute between the two office locations (Pristina and Prizren)
Location: GIZ Office-Pristina (3 days/week) and GIZ ITP Office-Prizren (2 days /week)
Expected start date: February 2022
How to apply?
Interested and, suitably qualified and experienced candidates are invited to submit their electronic application in English, in PDF version, to firstname.lastname@example.org
- CV (Europass template is recommended)
- Letter of motivation
- Diploma(s), references/recommendations
- Subject of the email: Name & Surname – Procurement Specialist– GIZ Office / ITP
Applications that do not meet these rules will not be considered!
Deadline for the application: 28th of December 2021
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited to the next stage of recruitment.
GIZ encourages female candidates, candidates from ethnic communities as well as candidates with disability to apply.