Project: BKALB- Bridge Component Albania
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbH (GIZ) is a federal enterprise that supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international coop-eration for sustainable development.
The Bridge Component Albania (BKAlb) supports and supplements the reintegration of individuals returning to Albania, shortly after return. It is financed by the German Federal Office for Migration and Refugees (BAMF) and receives specific contributions from several German Federal States. Apart from the emergency support for accommodation, medical treatment and transport the project supports returnees from Germany with social and psychological support. The project aims to stabilize and support returnees from Germany in their first year of return and to prepare them for further economic reintegration measures in the labor market.
The activities are part of the wider German coherent approach to supporting returnees in Albania and use synergies with other German initiatives, such as the Program Migration for Development and the BMZ-Programme ‘Returning to New Opportunities’’.
GIZ Office Albania seeks the following staff:
Junior Administrative Officer
The junior administrative officer is responsible for:
- Contribution to the efficient day-to-day assistance to the running of the BKALB project office
- Assistance and support during the communication to team in GIZ-Office Tirana and GIZ Headquarters
- Provision of support to administrative services for the BKALB with regards to financial issues, procurement, contract and travel management
- Contribution to the management of the project data and file management system in DMS in line with GIZ’s filing rules
- Provision support in administrative, organizational and logistical services to the project man-agement and teams
The junior administrative officer performs the following:
Secretariat work and administrative services
- Contributes to administrative support to diverse programme activities schedules as requested by each project representative
- Contributes to prioritization and organization of incoming and outcoming correspondence.
- Prepares and organizes information materials for the programme representative and/or meet-ings
- Participates in internal and external meetings and workshops and assists with documenting these (minutes);
- ensures that the necessary office supplies are available;
- Contributes to the following coordinative processes:
- deals with external contacts
- organization of rooms for meetings and catering
- organization of travel arrangements of team, partner and experts as needed
- provisioning of equipment for meetings
- Leads the inventory process including regular update of the list
- Takes on additional and ad-hoc tasks related to the profile as assigned by the Team Leader and/or National coordinator for Albania;
- photocopies and scans documents as needed;
- assisting during the inventory process including regular update of list;
- interprets and translates as needed and possible upon request.
- Contributes to monitoring of income, expenditure and reports and assists the Administrative Of-ficer – Finance accordingly
- Advises on financial aspects of programme and contracts
- Prepares monthly and annual budgets and monitors deviations
- Prepares annual financial reports upon request
- Supports the Administrative Officer – Finance in preparation of documents for financial contri-butions (financing agreements and local subsidies) as well as in preparation of analyses of ex-penditure for both internal and external usage
- Assistance to Procurement, contract and travel management according to the GIZ rules
C. Required qualifications, competences and experience:
- A University degree in an area of Economics, Finance/Accounting, Management or other related to the position
- 2 years of professional experience with at least 1 years of experience in a comparable position
- In absence of an appropriate University degree, 2 years of experience on top of the required as professional experience
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Working capacity of utilization of ICT technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the in-ternet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Excellent written and oral knowledge of English. Knowledge of German will be considered as an advantage
- Work experience in an international working environment
- Confidential handling of data and information
- A good understanding and practical experience of the principles of accounting
- The ability to effectively manage and prioritise a demanding and deadline driven workload, whilst maintaining strict attention to detail and generate accurate work
- Availability to travel frequently within the country, region and Germany
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed
- Full time employment
- Project office in Tirana
- Assignment period: until 31.12.2021
(extension of the project is under discussion with the funding party)
Please forward your application until 4th of February 2021, to GIZ Office Albania by E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, including the following information: Application letter, CV in English (Euro Pass format), references.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. Short-listed candidates will be asked to bring certified copies of their diplomas and work certificates.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested groups with-out any discrimination!