Request for Expression of Interest
Country: Kosovo Project ID: P173819
World Bank Loan/Credit Name: Kosovo COVID-19 Emergency Project Ref. No.: XK-MOH-204799-CS-INDV
IT Specialist for SAS Division and database administrator of the software module for the program targeting social health insurance contribution exemptions, emergency program module and related Information Systems at Department for Social Policy and Families (DSPF)
Currently, Kosovo is engaged in an all-of-government response to preventing and mitigating the impact of COVID-19. As part of this response, the Government in providing income support to poor and vulnerable households in Kosovo to enable them to comply with the social distancing measures that have been introduced to contain the COVID-19 pandemic. This measure is particularly important to Kosovo, given the high rates of poverty and large numbers of people at risk of falling into poverty and into deeper poverty, as described in the sectoral context and economic appraisal sections. To this end, the Government (a) maintained the existing social assistance payments; (b) financed an increase in the value of the benefits provided to Social Assistance Scheme (SAS) beneficiaries to assist them in meeting their basic needs in the face of rising health care costs and loss of other income sources; and (c) expanded the coverage of the SAS to additional households that have lost their sources of income as result of the pandemic and that do not receive support from other Government programs.
The SAS MIS has implemented the support for core processes in the social assistance delivery chain (application, eligibility check (categorical, means test, proxy-means test), external databases cross-checks, benefit calculation and payments), which were replicated and adapted to create new modules to support (a) a targeting system for exemptions from social health insurance (SHI) contributions, and (b) targeting of Measure 15.
Going forward, similar requirements can be expected in the future as a result of on-going social protection reforms.
To consolidate this rapid expansion of the system, the Government has requested financial and technical support from the World Bank to hire an individual Consultant to support the SAS Division in the utilization of the software module for the program targeting social health insurance contribution exemptions, emergency program module and related Information Systems.
The objective of this assignment is to provide maintenance, administration, management and helpdesk services for the Department of Social Policy and Family (DPSF) SAS MIS, software module targeting social health insurance contribution exemptions and module for emergency program and related Information Systems and IT infrastructure
Consultant qualifications and required experience:
- Sc. in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, or Computer Science, or relevant experience of at least 4 years in the same field of work; or Professional Certification in relevant Microsoft Technologies;
- Proven experience of at least 2 years in Microsoft SQL Server Installation, configuration, administration and query design;
- Proven experience of at least 2 years in Internet information Server Installation, configuration, administration;
- Proven experience of at least 2 years in Windows Server Installation, configuration, administration;
- Proven experience in hardware installation, troubleshooting, maintenance and hardware specification definition;
- Proven experience in training and helpdesk service provision for Information Systems with large number of users;
- Experience in documenting systems and bug reporting and documentation;
- Excellent command of spoken and written Albanian and English languages.
- Previous experience in the Government IT Infrastructure;
- Previous specific experience in the Information Systems of the DSPF;
- Knowledge of Serbian would be an asset;
- Experience in some programming language such as C# would be an asset.
The scope of work details as well other information’s related to this assignment are indicated under TOR.
Experienced and qualified individuals will be selected according to the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers’ (the Regulations), issued in July 2016, and revised November 2017 and August 2018, based on an open call for Individual Consultants (IC) Selection.
Detailed TOR this assignment are available on MoH web page or may be requested to the contact person below:
Interested individual consultants may obtain further information about the assignment at the addresses below during office hours: 09:00 - 16:00 hrs (Monday to Friday).
Expression of interest may be submitted to Ministry of Health to the below stated address until 3 May, 2021
Ministry of Health,
Atnn. Afrim Bajrami, Procurement Specialist Address: Rr. Zagrebit Nr. 60
10 000 Prishtinë, Republic of Kosovo Website: https://msh.rks-gov.net
E-mail: To : email@example.com