Opening date: April 27, 2021
Application Deadline: May 26, 2021
Program Description: U.S. Embassy Pristina announces an open competition for proposals from media outlets, NGOs and video production companies interested in in its Media Co-op program.
Media Co-Ops are collaborative highly intensive U.S. work and travel programs usually involving a reporter and a camera person accompanied by a U.S. Embassy facilitator/producer. These provide an opportunity to report from the United States, traveling throughout the country and interviewing policymakers, activists, professionals, and everyday citizens that will help them tell a story about the United States through their lens, on topics of mutual interest, but related to U.S. Mission Kosovo goals – peace, justice, and prosperity.
- Project proposal themes must relate to U.S. Mission goals in Kosovo: peace, justice, and prosperity.
- The proposal should reflect a comparison between the situation in the U.S. and Kosovo regarding the selected topic, where best U.S. practices are shared with Kosovo audiences.
- The project proposal should contain a list of potential interlocutors and cities to conduct the interviews in the U.S.
- The proposal must describe the intended audiences, issues addressed, outreach tools and mechanisms, and the desired objectives and outcome(s). Outcomes and objectives could include sparking wider discussion, advocating legal changes, and/or should attempt to bring about specific audience behavior changes.
Applications should include the following information:
- Description of the applicant (media outlet, production company, NGO) including their capacity and platforms for reached audiences.
- Short biographies of the proposed team members. Ideally, both team members should be fully fluent in English.
- Topic(s) that will be covered during the Media Co-op program.
- List of possible shooting locations and interviewees in the United States.
- The desired time frame for travel of the team.
- The desired outcome of the Media Co-op program.
We welcome proposals from all media outlets, NGOs, and video production companies that have the tools and skills needed to film the Co-Op and the platform needed to reach Kosovo audiences. Proposals should be submitted to PristinaStratComms@state.gov by May 26, 2021. For any clarification before submitting the project proposal please reach out to Arbnor Haxhibeqiri by mail: email@example.com or cell: +38349509616