In accordance with the signed agreement on project cooperation between the Office for Community Affairs and the Royal Embassy Norway entitled “KOS-18/0018, Support to the Office for Community Affairs, the Office for Community Affairs announces:
FOR JOB POSITION
International Political Adviser (PA), Office of Community Affairs (OCA)
The expected results of the Project are as follows:
The planned effects on society are:
To facilitate the integration and cooperation between communities in Kosovo and contribute to providing equal opportunities for all citizens regardless of their ethnic background.
The planned effects for the target group of the Project are:
To integrate four Northern municipalities into Kosovo institutional system addressing the needs of the local non-majority communities
To enable professional internship to the students from the non-majority communities into Kosovo public and private institution and NGO’s
The intended target group are the non-majority communities in Kosovo
Terms of reference:
To provide daily mentoring, advice and support to the Director and all office staff in the accomplishment of their duties incorporated in the following functions:
- To ensure adherence throughout Kosovo government (GOK), of non-majority communities’ Human Rights, as enshrined in the constitution and national legislature.
- To enhance cohesive cooperation between government agencies in support of OCA mandate
- To support, as possible, the sustainability of those communities, through limited funding, (normally in conjunction with second and third party donors)
- To provide an effective (and persuasive) link between OPM and Diplomatic Missions/ International Organisations, other agencies and civil society on all issues pertaining to non-majority communities.
- To ensure effective coordination between Diplomatic Missions/International Organisations and central government in issues of concern for non-majority communities through the Communities Issues Group (CIG).
- To ensure formal recognition of, and OPM representation at, all non-majority communities’ “national” days.
- To represent OPM at any inter-ministerial meetings pertaining to non-majority communities.
- To act as a “link” and “ombudsman” for individuals from non-majority communities who have been unsuccessful in the resolution of problems with local or central level authorities.
- To maintain mechanisms for the resolution of existing educational/employment discrimination of non-majority communities. (Unilateral, technical, transitional GOK) Certification process for University in North Mitrovica (UNM) diplomas, and all Serbian-language secondary level education establishments’ diplomas (Technical, Vocational and High Schools).
- To ensure funding, as available, through annual Office budget, supporting projects submitted by non-majority entities in a formal structured process to enhance sustainability of non-majority communities.
- To develop, manage and monitor the annual “internship” programme, embedding 100 selected non-majority community candidates in a six month internship within central and municipal government, local media outlets and NGOs.
- To mentor and provide support through membership, to Presidential Reconciliation Process and Communities Consultative Committee.
- To support all language enhancement activities of the PM Language Commissioner
Qualifications and Experience required
- A minimum of 8 years of working experience (preferably in public sector or international organizations);
- A minimum of 5 years of proven professional experience;
- Diplomatic experience or experience working in political affairs with international organizations or governments
- Experience in preparing analytical reports
- Experience in the political field, preferably in an advisory capacity;
- Experience in leading and/or assisting in leading a team;
- Experience in political analysis and/or political reporting;
- Excellent communication and drafting skills
- Knowledge of the regional political history and the political and cultural sensitivities of the country and region;
- Knowledge of the OCA principles and commitments in regard to legal framework concerning communities
- Ability to establish contacts, develop and maintain relations with high-level political actors, as well as government officials and institutions;
- Demonstrable communication (oral and written), analytical, problem solving, diplomatic, interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Flexibility and ability to work and manage the work of others in a high pressure environment with limited time frames;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and meet tight deadlines;
- Professional fluency in English language, both oral and written;
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relations as member of a team, with people of different cultural and religious backgrounds, different gender, and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity;
- Ability to provide substantive advice on drafting plans, projects and policies;
Expected starting date: December 2020
End of assignment date: December 2021
All interested candidates are invited to submit motivation letter, a current CV, and references for the applicant. Should references not be available for the initial submission they will be required if the candidate is placed on the short list.
All interested candidates are invited to submit their CV with at least two references to e-mail address:
firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write in subject the title of position.
Only shortlisted applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application in due course.
Applications received after the application deadline will not be considered.
Applicants who do not comply with the aforementioned application guidelines or do not meet the essential requirements specified in this Vacancy Notice will not be considered.
OCA policies and internal regulation represents a further guarantee for equal opportunities and high level of impartiality during the recruitment process. All candidates should be confident that they will be evaluated solely on their capacities pertaining to the project needs.
The deadline for submission of applications is November 20, 2020 and will last for 5 days.