- Issued by: OSCE Mission in Kosovo
- Requisition ID: OFF000047
- Contract Type: Intern
- Grade: No grade
- Job Type: Intern
- Number of posts: 1
- Location: OSCE Mission in Kosovo, Prishtine / Pristina
- Posting Date: Apr 21, 2022
- Closing Date: May 5, 2022
- Employee Status: Short-Term
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Field: Political Affairs
The Communication Team (COMMS) is part of the Office of Political Affairs and Communications (OPAC), in the OSCE Mission in Kosovo. COMMS promotes awareness of the Mission among the general public and with media, using both traditional and social media to achieve its mission.
A key element is the creation of an attractive and accessible online presence through its website and social media platforms, by producing and targeting attractive products to key audiences.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
The Team is looking for internship candidates with skills and interest in the public relations and communication field. Duration of the internship is 6 months.
The selected intern will have the opportunity to gain an overview of and familiarize with the work of the Communications Office, including tools used to communicate with the public, promotion of the Mission work, use of social media, campaigns development and visuals. Under the overall supervision of the Head of the Political Affairs and Communications, the intern will be requested to carry out the following duties:
- Produce or edit short texts for publishing on social media;
- Assist with maintaining the OSCE social media channels;
- Assist in preparing content for Mission official webpage, such as news item, press releases, stories;
- Assist in the process of developing and running campaigns;
- Assist with preparation/design of simple products such as presentations, images, banners, certificates, graphics);
- Provide support with photography, take pictures and select them for publication;
- Other office tasks.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Mission in Kosovo, please see: https://www.osce.org/mission-in-kosovo.
- Applicants should be not older than 30 years (on the date of the deadline of this vacancy) and have completed two years of full-time post-secondary education in an accredited institution or have completed a first or advanced degree in the field of media studies, journalism or a related field with basic multi-media skills no longer than two years before the date of the deadline of the vacancy notice;
- Professional fluency in English;
- Ability to write social media posts in a fluent, journalistic, and engaging style;
- An understanding of the use of technology for communications campaigns;
- Ability to take photographs with professional camera;
- Talent and interest in graphic design;
- Ability to initiate and implement ideas as part of a team effort;
- Ability to work in a team and establish and maintain effective working relations with people from different national and cultural backgrounds;
- Previous work experience in press, public information, communications or media campaigns would be an asset;
- Some work experience/previous internships in an international or regional environment would be an asset.
In lieu of remuneration the OSCE Mission in Kosovo will contribute towards the cost of living of international interns who are non-residents at the duty station (place of assignment), such compensation is equivalent to 10% of the applicable BLA rate. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna health insurance scheme. The internship does not constitute a commitment to future employment with the OSCE.
If you meet the above requirements and wish to apply for this internship opportunity, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://vacancies.osce.org/. In case of technical difficulties with the online application, applicants may use the OSCE offline application form, which can be downloaded from https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/offline-application-form, and send it by e-mail to email@example.com with vacancy number quoted in subject.
Only those candidates who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.
Please note that vacancies in the OSCE are open for competition only amongst nationals of participating States, please see https://www.osce.org/participatingstates.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, or offer an internship with modified terms of reference or a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.