- Issued by: OSCE Mission in Kosovo
- Requisition ID: POL00005X
- Contract Type: Special Service Agreement (SSA) / Consultant
- Grade: No grade
- Job Type: Consultant
- Number of posts: one
- Location: OSCE Mission in Kosovo, Vushtrri / Vucitrn
- Posting Date: May 17, 2022
- Closing Date: May 30, 2022
- Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (First-level university degree or equivalent)
- Job Field: Civilian Police
- Target Start Date: 01/09/2022
This project mainly targets the Ministry of Internal Affairs (MoIA) and Kosovo law enforcement institutions, including the Kosovo Police (KP), Kosovo Police Inspectorate (PIK), Kosovo Correctional Service (KCS), Kosovo Probation Service (KPS), and Kosovo Forensic Agency (KAF). Activities of this project focus on enhancing their operational capacities and specialised skills to effectively respond to criminal behaviour. Specifically, the project foresees numerous specialised and advanced trainings, and workshops and support to implement local strategies and associated action plans to improve operational effectiveness in tackling all forms of criminal activities..
The project overall objective is to support the security sector institutions to advance their strategic and operational capacities, and human rights compliance within the police, forensics, police oversight, and correctional services. This will be covered through three specific objectives:
- Security sector institutions operate more effectively in forensics, police oversight, and re-integration and rehabilitation;
- Law enforcement institutions have enhanced skills to effectively identify, prevent and combat serious and organized crime;
- Law enforcement institutions and relevant oversight bodies improve their response to preventing, combating and monitoring hate crimes.
At the request of the Kosovo Police, the OSCE Mission in Kosovo will deliver a one-week training on criminal forensics, tailored to internal auditing for senior KAF and KP managers. The training, which will be focused on ISO/IEC 17025, will give a thorough review of ISO/IEC 17025:2017 and other accreditation requirements for criminal forensic services. The Mission seeks to hire an external international consultant to conduct the training at the Kosovo Agency on Forensics in Prishtine/Pristine.
The training will cover the following:
- Audit ensure that quality system fulfils the requirements of ISO /IEC 17025 accreditation relevant specific criteria document and regulatory bodies;
- Whether or not the requirements of the criminal forensics quality manual and related documents are applied at all levels of work;
- Verify conformance to the ISO/IEC 17025 requirements and also to company policies, processes and procedures. Internal audits are also quite useful in preparation for external audits;
- Procedures for staff responsibilities before, during, and after internal and external audits;
- Elements of the management system, including the testing and/or calibration activities.
Objective of Assignment:
The main purpose of the planned activity is to equip the KAF staff and KP managers with knowledge and skills related to forensics laboratories auditing requirements of ISO /IEC 17025.
Duration of Assignment:
The expert will be hired for eight working days.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the PDMS Project Manager, the international expert will familiarize the participants with the practical part of the internal auditing.
The expert will be responsible for:
- Developing the training methodology and materials in consultation with the activity manager and deliver the agenda, presentation slides and case studies prior to the training.
- Delivering a five days training on internal auditing.
- Producing post-training evaluation report and recommendations for further action by the OSCE Mission in Kosovo.
- Conducting pre-training evaluation in order to understand the prior knowledge of the recipients of the topics covered in the training, in order to design a course flow that would be appropriate for their level.
- Conducting post-training evaluation in order to determine whether the training was beneficial to the participants.
- By 01 September 2022, submit the presentation, agenda and corresponding materials to the activity manager for approval and potential amendment;
- By 12 to 16 September 2022, conduct a five day training for 12 participants;
- By 25 September 2022, deliver a final report to the PDMS Project Manager summarizing the observations during the training.
- Final training material/presentation and agenda are submitted on time;
- Presentation delivered as scheduled and planned in the requested format, and meeting the requirements of the Project Manager;
- Positive feedback from participants (verbally and written) is received.
- Degree in internal auditing, financial accounting or financial management (essential);
- Minimum of five years of work experience in an internal audit environment;
- Two years of fraud auditing experience;
- Proven experience in delivering specialized training courses in the context of internal audit legislation;
- Cultural sensitivity and sound professional judgment;
- Previous experience of working in a capacity building role;
- Excellent spoken and written English language is essential;
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work as a member of a team, with people of different cultural and religious backgrounds and different gender, cultural sensitivity and judgment.
Remuneration will depend on the qualifications and experience of individual experts as well as the detailed work plan to be agreed upon and will be based on the current OSCE consultancy rates.
In order to apply for this position you must complete the OSCE's online application form, found under https://vacancies.osce.org/. Applicants are encouraged to use the online recruitment and only fully completed OSCE applications will be accepted. However, if you have technical difficulties with the system you may use the offline application form found under https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/our-competency-model and forward the completed form quoting the vacancy number by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. In line with your qualifications please indicate preference to one or more field of expertise listed above (while using the online application the field of expertise preference can be indicated in the cover letter part). Kindly note that applications received after the deadline, submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form or in other languages than the English language would not be considered. The
OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply.