Location : Home based and two travels to Prishtina, Kosovo, Kosovo, UNSCR 1244 (1999)
Application Deadline : 31-May-22 (Midnight New York, USA)
Type of Contract : Individual Contract
Post Level : International Consultant
Languages Required : English
Starting Date : 15-Jun-2022
Duration of Initial Contract : 15 June 2022 – 20 December 2022
Expected Duration of Assignment : 15 June 2022 – 20 December 2022
With the support of the SAEK project, Kosovo’s Financial Intelligence Unit in 2018 completed a Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing National Risk Assessment (NRA) through a multi stakeholder working group and gathering and analysis of statistics and records. The NRA succeeded in identifying the risks, threats and vulnerabilities faced by Kosovo’s authorities and financial and non-financial sectors. Due to political instability the NRA was adopted by the central level authorities in December 2020, upon an update of statistics provided by UNDP and the FIU. This was followed by the development and adoption of an Action Plan for the implementation of the NRA which has been presented to all private sector reporting entities.
Through the SAEK project, two money laundering typologies were produced. In 2018 the first ever Money Laundering Typologies for Politically Exposed Persons in Kosovo was developed. While in 2021, SAEK produced the General Money Laundering Typologies.
Building upon these assessments, and the NRA’s identified risks and vulnerabilities, SAEK plans to support the FIU, investigative authorities and the private sector in developing a risk assessment of the banking sector in Kosovo.
Objectives of Assignment
To strengthen Kosovo’s anti-money laundering system by identifying risks and vulnerabilities in the banking sector.
Duties and ResponsibilitiesThe international expert, under the direct supervision of the Project Manager will deliver the following:
- Conduct a comprehensive review of primary and secondary legislation, sectoral money laundering risk assessments and draft and submit an inception report.
- Draft and submit a methodology for conducting a banking sector money laundering risk assessment based on the inception report and feedback provided by the FIU, private banks and UNDP.
- Conduct meetings and surveys of Anti-money laundering and compliance officers in private banks, the FIU, the Central Bank, the Bankers' Association and submit a report on meetings conducted and survey results.
- Draft a money laundering risk assessment of the banking sector including a review of products, services and their threat and risk levels according to the approved methodology.
- Together wtih UNDP and the FIU develop a public presentation of the findings to relevant stakeholders.
- Draft a methodology for conducting a banking sector money laundering risk assessment (estimated date of completion10 July 2022)
- Draft the Money Laundering Banking Sector Risk Assessment and present for comments (estimated date of completion 15 October 2022)
- Draft the final Money Laundering Banking Sector Risk Assessment with all comments addressed (estimated date of completion 15 November 2022)
- Prepare a presentation together with UNDP and participate in the presentation of the Money Laundering Banking Sector Risk Assessment in a public event in Prishtina (estimated date of completion 15 December 2022)
Remuneration - Lump Sum Amount:
The Contract is based on lump-sum remuneration and shall be processed subject to completion and validation of deliverables as per below schedule:
- Deliverable 1 – Draft a methodology for conducting a banking sector money laundering risk assessment - 30% of the total amount of the contract
- Deliverable 2 - Draft the Money Laundering Banking Sector Risk Assessment and present for comments - 30% of the total amount of the contract
- Deliverable 3 - Draft the Final Money Laundering Banking Sector Risk Assessment with all comments addressed - 30% of the total amount of the contract
- Deliverable 4 - Prepare a presentation and present the Money Laundering Banking Sector Risk Assessment in a public event (in Prishtina) - 10% of the total amount of the contract
Payment will be made upon successful completion of the deliverables and submission of a certificate of payment.
Required Presentation of Offer:
The following documents are requested:
- Personal CV and P11, indicating all past experience from similar projects, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Offeror and at least three (3) professional references;
- Technical proposal, a max. 2-page document briefly outlining the methodology envisaged for the assignment for delivering the expected results within the indicated timeframe
- Financial Proposal that indicates an all-inclusive lump sum amount based on deliverables
- Copy of Diplomas and copy of Passport
NOTE: UNDP, Kosovo will cover the travel costs: Two tickets, economy class, and accommodation during the planned visits to Kosovo.
Criteria for selection of the Best Offer
Offers will be evaluated utilizing a combined Scoring method – where the qualifications and technical proposal will be weighted a max. of 70% and combined with the price offer which will be weighted a max of 30.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards
- Promotes the vision, mission and strategic goals of UNDP
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism
- Plans, prioritizes, and delivers tasks on time.
- Ability to work independently and takes initiative in addressing problems encountered.
- Ability to establish effective working relations in a multicultural team environment; supports effective and efficient team work.
- Result oriented and constructive attitude.
- Analytical and strategic thinking / results oriented;
- Ability to design and manage coordination processes, including with multiple stakeholders;
- Good knowledge of organizational policies and procedures related to the position and ability to apply them consistently in work tasks;
- Good knowledge of information technology and ability to apply it in work assignments;
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others
Required Skills and ExperienceEducation:
- M.A. degree in economics, finance, law, social science.
- At least 10 years of experience on anti-money laundering in the private sector, a Financial Intelligence Unit, central bank (or other supervisory authority), law enforcement agency, judiciary, or relevant international organization.
- Proven experience working on anti-money laundering in the banking sector;
- Proven experience in drafting money laundering risk assessments;
- Proven experience conducting interviews and surveys;
- Previous experience in Europe or the region is desirable.
- Fluency in both oral and written English.
- Click on the "Apply now" button.
- Input your information in the appropriate Sections: personal information, language proficiency, education, resume and motivation; You can type in, or paste your short Resume into the last box.
- Upon completion of the first page, please hit "submit application" tab at the end of the page. On the next page, you will be asked to upload your Resume.
- System will only allow one attachment. All docs (CV; P11; financial offer; list of similar profiles should be included as one attachment).
- Please make sure to submit all the requested documents/information; otherwise, your application will be considered incomplete.