International Expert in personal data theft for the purpose of credit card cloning
ISSUED BY OSCE Mission in Kosovo
VACANCY NUMBER VNKOSC02329
VACANCY TYPE Experts/Consultants
NUMBER OF POSTS 1
DUTY STATION Prishtine / Pristina
DATE OF ISSUE 22 March 2021
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION 1 April 2021 - 23:59 Central European Time (CET/CEST)
Identity theft and credit card clauning fraud are becoming biggest challenges of financial fraud as criminal techniques get more sophisticated, due to use of advanced technology, worldwide, and in Kosovo.
Many initiatives of the police and prosecutors in Europeaim at harmonising technical and legal standards to facilitate data theft for the purpose of credit card cloning, although a consistent approach in basic equipment and training of the ﬁeld police oﬃcer and prosecutors is still missing. Against this background, the international expert will introduce preventive and repressive measures which aim to prevent and fight personal data theft for the purpose of credit card cloning. The international expert will also assess compliance of the legal frameworks with the principal international standards to counter personal data theft for the purpose of credit card cloning and the effectiveness of their implementation.
Additionally, the consultant will familiarise the attendees with essential components of successful investigative work necessitating joining forces that require cooperation with other relevant institutions. Moreover, KP, prosecutors and judges dealing with Serious and Organized Crime in their day-to-day business will be involved in the training allowing the simulation of real life case scenarios, and strengthening of co-operation among investigators, prosecutors and judges.
To ensure the objective of the project for 22 participants of the KP (first-level supervisors and investigators) and prosecutors from the Basic Prosecution Office will complete a total of two day advanced training on personal data theft for the purpose of credit card cloning.
The training will cover:
- The definition of idenity theft and personal data theft for the purpose of credit card cloning
- Best international standards on fighting personal data theft for the purpose of credit card cloning including EU legjislation
- Identification of Threats: Perpetrator Tactics
- Private/public-sector partnerships
- Collection of information/data
In April 2021, the OSCE Mission in Kosovo’s Serious and Organised Crime Section will organize a two-day in-person advanced training for 22 participants of the KP (first-level supervisors and investigators) and prosecutors from the Basic Prosecution Office. The training aims to increase the knowledge and skills of KP professionals to investigate data theft, bank cards and credit card cloning, as well as the modus operandi of criminals, patterns of organized crime at the regional and international level. This training has been requested by the KP, and if the government measures related to COVID-19 remain in force, it will be organized online. Otherwise, the training is planned to be held in Prishtinë/Priština.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Activity Manager, the international expert will ensure that the capacities of participants will be improved to fight data theft, bank cards and credit card cloning more effectively. This will mainly happen through providing recommendations to competent members of Kosovo institutions in respect of necessary improvements to the legal framework, and its implementation system. The international expert, should design and carry out pre-training knowledge evaluation of the participants, as well as post-training evaluation of the knowledge gained regarding the subject of the training. After the training, the expert will draft a report for the implementation of the activity, describing the training process, capacity of the participants as well as to identify strengths and weaknessess in the subject area, and identify needs for further developement.
- By 20 April 2021, submit the presentation, agenda and corresponding materials to the Activity Manager for approval and potential amendment
- By 30 April 2021 conduct a two-day workshop for 22 training participants, representing the KP, judges and prosecutors
- By 10 May 2021, deliver a final report mirroring the observations made by the expert during the training, and carry out pre-training knowledge evaluation of the participants, as well as post-training evaluation of the knowledge gained regarding the subject of the training.
- Final training material/presentation and agenda are submitted in time
- Presentation delivered as scheduled and planned in the requested format and meeting the requirements of the Activity Manager
- Positive feedback from the conference participants (verbal and written) is received.
- A bachelor degree from a University of Applied Sciences or equivalent from another public education institute in law enforcement or a similar discipline such as jurisprudence.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in investigating and or analysing personal data theft and credit card cloning.
- Proven experience in delivering specialized training courses in the context of personal data theft for the purpose and credit card cloning.
- Cultural sensitivity and sound professional judgment.
- Excellent spoken and written English language is essential.
Remuneration will depend on the qualifications and experience of individual experts as well as the detailed work plan to be agreed upon and will be based on the current OSCE consultancy rates.
How To Apply
In order to apply for this position you must complete the OSCE's online application form, found under https://jobs.osce.org/. Applicants are encouraged to use the online recruitment and only fully completed OSCE applications will be accepted. However, if you have technical difficulties with the system you may use the offline application form found under https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/offline-application form and forward the completed form quoting the vacancy number by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. In line with yourqualifications please indicate preference to one or more field of expertise listed above (while using the online application the field of expertise preference can be indicated in the cover letter part). Kindly note that applications received after the deadline, submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form or inother languages than the English language would not be considered. The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious,ethnic and socialbackgrounds to apply