International expert for creating a webinar room for the Kosovo Academy for Public Safety
ISSUED BY OSCE Mission in Kosovo
VACANCY NUMBER VNKOSC02325
VACANCY TYPE Experts/Consultants
NUMBER OF POSTS 1
DUTY STATION Vushtrri / Vucitrn
DATE OF ISSUE 19 March 2021
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION 28 March 2021 - 23:59 Central European Time (CET/CEST)
The OSCE Mission in Kosovo (Mission) Department for Security and Public Safety (DSPS) continues to support Kosovo Police (KP) and the Kosovo Academy for Public Safety Education (KAPS) to enhance their capacities.
The KAPS management has requested the Mission’s support in creating a webinar room for its law enforcement students attending basic, advanced and specialized professional training, and bachelor programmes within the Faculty of Public Safety, as a modern way of learning, especially during the pandemic outbreak. The webinar room aims at providing a venue to host hybrid online meetings where participants can attend the same webinar session both in-person and remotely, and in different languages. KAPS is also aiming to bring together police experts and academia from all over the world and enable its students to maintain continuity in trainings and activities organized jointly with security networks with whom KAPS has signed working arrangements such as CEPOL, AEPC, EUROPOL, including different police academies/colleges in Europe such as Finland, Estonia, Norway, Albania, North Macedonia, and Montenegro.
Creating a webinar room at KAPS premises also contributes to ensuring that the international practices are integrated into police and other law enforcement training and education programmes. Moreover, contemporary online learning on prevention of new threats affecting law enforcement agencies around the globe will help KAPS to be in line with similar academies in Europe and jointly contribute to transnational peace and security.
A webinar is “Web-based seminar with transmission of video and audio content online (over the internet) from one source to a limited audience with the purpose of training”. A webinar can be delivered either live, or recorded and delivered “on demand” giving the flexibility to the viewer to watch the webinar whenever they wish. A key feature of a good webinar is its interactive elements - the ability to give, receive and discuss information. An interactive function can be fulfilled by discussion boards and online chat-rooms provided on the same website as the webinar. Webinars themselves may be more collaborative and include polling and question & answer sessions to allow full participation between the audience and the presenter. In some cases, the presenter may speak over a standard telephone line, while pointing out information being presented onscreen, and the audience can respond over their own telephones or speakerphones allowing the greatest comfort and convenience.
The international expert from one of the European public safety institutions supported by OSCE Mission IT will train and equip KAPS IT with expertise that should be followed up for creating and using the webinar room and on creating a webinar library for the academy students. The webinar Library needs to be created in a way to contain archived free webinars consisting of the recorded lectures, PSA lesson plans, advanced trainings, or seminars that have already taken place in KAPS and can be available on-line for on-demand viewing only by police and other public safety providers for free.
This training will contain comprehensive tasks; Description of the requirements for the facilities (room) for Webinar, Network requirements/installation; Introduction to the Webinar platforms that best meets KAPS requirements for online webinar services; Webinar technology (software and hardware requirements); Developing new law enforcement courses and creating webinar library; and Organizing (planning and preparation), running and recording the webinar, and webinar live streaming on different social media platforms.
Webinar platform must contain the feature for simultaneous interpretation in different languages.
The webinar platform must support the hybrid online meetings where groups of participants are attending in person and remotely the same webinar session in different language channels (ensuring participants’ interactivity). The webinar platform needs to be compatible and interoperable with other video conferencing platforms.
The main objective of the activity is to support the development of inter-institutional exchange of strategically important data and enhance the community engagement on addressing important information through online platforms to police and other relevant entities”.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Special Advisory Unit activity manager, the international expert shall:
- Draft the agenda together with activity manager;
- Train KAPS staff to create and use the digital webinar library consisting of webinars available 24/7 for viewing at law enforcement convenience;
- Support KAPS IT with its expertise on creating the Webinar lesson plans including the use of systems such as software, hardware and network requirements;
- Assist KAPS IT staff to cope with the challenges that they can meet during the use of Webinar room (technical requirements and specs);
- Advise on the sustainability of the Webinar room.
- Until mid of May 2021 submits the final plan to the project manager in electronic form
- By the end of May 2021, provides training to ICT staff of KAPS
- By the end of May 2021 submits to the activity manager the post- evaluation report by assessing the current situation of the Webinar room and provides any further recommendations if needed.
- Until end May 2021, agenda, for interactive sessions and installation of the system delivered on time and on appropriate form and on the agreeable quality
- The feedback and quality control questionnaire provided by the participants archived at the academy and used for further planning
- The final consultancy report and expert’s evaluation report submitted on time to the activity manager
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience in police academies/university colleges and 5 years of ICT training experience on development of Webinar room
- Familiar with all the necessary steps, forms and procedures for a successful development of the Webinar room
- Certified instructor in development of the Webinar room
- Excellent presentation skills in English
- Written and oral communication skills in English language are desirable
Remuneration will depend on the qualifications and experience of individual experts as well as the detailed work plan to be agreed upon and will be based on the current OSCE consultancy rates.
How To Apply
In order to apply for this position you must complete the OSCE's online application form, found under https://jobs.osce.org/. Applicants are encouraged to use the online recruitment and only fully completed OSCEapplications will be accepted. However, if you have technical difficulties with the system you may use the offline application form found under https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/offline-application form and forward the completed form quoting the vacancy number by e-mail to: email@example.com. In line with yourqualifications please indicate preference to one or more field of expertise listed above (while using the online application the field of expertise preference can be indicated in the cover letter part). Kindly note that applications received after the deadline, submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form or inother languages than the English language would not be considered. The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious,ethnic and socialbackgrounds to apply.