- Requisition ID: LAW00000I
- Contract Type: Special Service Agreement (SSA) / Consultant
- Grade: No grade
- Location: OSCE Mission in Kosovo, Prishtine / Pristina
- Posting Date: Jun 24, 2021
- External Closing Date: Jul 8, 2021
- Target Start Date: Aug 20, 2021
- Job Type: Consultant
In 2016 the “Regulation no. 05/2016 on Minimum Standards for the Public Consultation Process” was adopted by the Government. This Regulation aims to encourage and ensure a public consultation process between public institutions, stakeholders, and the public, for an inclusive participation in the decision and policymaking processes of public interest. The Regulation also aims to increase transparency and accountability of public institutions towards stakeholders and the public. It specifies the minimum standards, principles and procedures of the public consultation process for all documents, the drafting process of which requires public consultations starting from 1 January 2017.
To that end, the online platform was launched in October 2018 to ensure the implementation of minimum standards for public consultations. This platform provides the opportunity for all relevant parties to be invited and included in the decision and policymaking process. However, members from the civil society and public at large, including persons with disabilities are still not fully utilizing the opportunity to engage in this process through the platform. Consequently, in 2020, the Mission supported an analysis of the shortcomings of the online platform, and a report with recommendations was prepared and shared with the relevant Government Office, in charge of the online platform. Building on the efforts from 2020, and based on the recommendations from the report, the Mission will continue to support the necessary process of expansion of the online platform, in order to improve systematic notification of interested parties taking the opportunity to review and comment on legislation at government and municipal level. Specific focus will be placed on enabling easy access to the platform to persons with disabilities.
Objective of Assignment:
The objective of the consultancy is to support the Office of Good Governance (OGG) to implement the recommendations from the 2020 report in order to expand the online platform for public consultations, which will enhance active participation of NGOs, non-majority communities, women and youth, and specifically, persons with disabilities, in the public consultations process.
Duration of Assignment:
The consultant will be contracted for a total of thirty (30) working days
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of, and in co-ordination with the Project Manager, the consultant will:
- Based on the recommendations from the 2020 report, develop a plan/strategy with a concrete ideas on how to expand the online platform to improve systematic notification of interested parties taking the opportunity to review and comment on legislation at government and municipal level.
- The developed plan/strategy should put specific focus on enabling easy access to the Online Platform for Public Consultations to persons with disabilities;
- Develop agenda and hold, either online or in person, three (3) workshops with technical and professional staff from the Office of the Prime Minister as well as NGOs, non-majority communities, women and youth.
- Provide a final report including concrete proposals and recommendations to the Project Manager on findings and results of the workshops by the end of consultancy.
- Provide, either online or in person, three (3) workshops to receive feedback from technical and professional staff from the Office of the Prime Minister as well as NGOs, non-majority communities, women and youth. [by 01 October]
- A proposed solution for the expansion of the online platform is presented after the workshops, with feedback from participants, and submitted to the Chief of Mission’s Law and Justice Section (LJS), for onward transmission to the OGG. [by 10 October]
- Final report submitted on time, as well as final activity report, to the Chief of LJS. [by 20 October]
- The workshops material is prepared as agreed and of satisfactory quality to the Chief of LJS.
- The workshops, either online or in person, with technical and professional staff from the Office of the Prime Minister, as well as NGOs, non-majority communities, women and youth, are timely delivered and meet the needs of the participants.
- A proposed solution for the expansion of the online platform is developed.
- At least 4 years of experience on developing programs supporting the underrepresented groups and persons with disabilities.
- Expertise on general Kosovo Legal Framework and public consultations processes.
- Extensive knowledge on international standards related to Human Rights and Rule of Law;
- Extensive knowledge and experience in IT and/or web related applications;
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience in training delivery.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- Ability and willingness to work as a member of a team, with people of different cultural and religious backgrounds, different gender, and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity; and,
- Ability to link international standards to Kosovo-specific laws, treaties and secondary legislation.
- Previous working experience in the region and Kosovo is an asset.
Remuneration will depend on the qualifications and experience of individual experts as well as the detailed work plan to be agreed upon and will be based on the current OSCE consultancy rates.
In order to apply for this position you must complete the OSCE's online application form, found under https://jobs.osce.org/. Applicants are encouraged to use the online recruitment and only fully completed OSCE applications will be accepted. However, if you have technical difficulties with the system you may use the offline application form found under https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/offline-application-form and forward the completed form quoting the vacancy number by e-mail to: email@example.com. In line with your qualifications please indicate preference to one or more field of expertise listed above (while using the online application the field of expertise preference can be indicated in the cover letter part). Kindly note that applications received after the deadline, submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form or in other languages than the English language would not be considered. The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious,ethnic and social backgrounds to apply. The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise/re-post the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.