Intern associated with the Support to Communications Office of UNDP
Location : Prishtinë/Priština, Kosovo, UNSCR 1244 (1999)
Application Deadline : 07-Apr-21 (Midnight New York, USA)
Additional Category : Management
Type of Contract : Internship
Post Level : Intern
Languages Required : English
Starting Date : 26-Apr-2021
Duration of Initial Contract : Six  months
Expected Duration of Assignment : Six  months
Nevertheless, UNDP has a duty to inform and communicate what it does. Information and Communication play an important role in making UNDP more transparent and accessible. In UNDP Kosovo office, Communications unit supports office’s strategic objectives in order to make UNDP more visible, more credible and better understood.
Communication activities are geared towards increasing awareness of UNDP technical and intellectual capacities contributing to Kosovo with its development agenda, focusing on social inclusion and human development for all. Communication activities include advocacy and awareness raising on key development challenges in Kosovo such as inclusive growth, democratic governance, environment and gender equality.
Communications Office of UNDP Kosovo is looking for a young professional that will work/maintain and update the website of UNDP Kosovo. The Intern should be able to work on the technical aspects of Communications office of UNDP.
- Update/Maintain the UNDP Kosovo website
- Strengthen social media presence
- Any other business related to technical aspects of Communications
Duties and ResponsibilitiesThe intern will support the Communications Office of UNDP in the following duties and responsibilities:
- Assist UNDP Communications Office with technical skills in maintain/update of the web page.
- Support the design, piloting, scaling up and monitoring of innovative communication tools, including the use of social media (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, etc.)
- Updated website of UNDP in Kosovo
- Innovative ideas in technical aspects of the website and other social media channels
- Any other results that might appear during the internship
- Identification and piloting of innovative ideas for website and social media for outreach and advocacy
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the UN’s values and ethical standards.
- Contributes to promoting the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism.
Functional & Technical Competencies:
- Demonstrates an appreciation of the multicultural nature of the organization and the diversity of its staff.
- Outgoing and initiative-taking person with a goal-oriented mind-set.
- Communicates effectively when working in teams and independently.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Good in organizing and structuring various tasks and responsibilities.
- Responds positively to feedback and differing points of view.
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
Required Skills and ExperienceEducation:
- Applicants to the UNDP internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate degree programme (such as a master’s programme, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (such as bachelor’s degree or equivalent);
- Have recently graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation;
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate professional traineeship program and undertake the internship as part of this program.
Field of study: Information Technology.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office)
- Very good knowledge of content management systems (CMS) such as adobe CQ5 and content management system, Drupal/Acquia
- Possesses solid understanding of Communications field
- Language requirement:
- Proficiency in English both written and verbal is essential.
- Proficiency in English both written and verbal is essential.
The intern will have the opportunity to:
- Participate in in-house training opportunities as applicable.
- Learn the structure, mechanisms, policies and practice areas of UNDP.
- Strengthen his/her effective writing.
General Internships Terms & Conditions:
- UNDP Internship programme is governed by the UNDP Internship policy framework & rules.
- Under the new revised UNDP internship policy, UNDP Kosovo will provide a modest monthly internship stipend to its interns, in accordance with the provisions of the UNDP Internship policy. All expenses connected with the internship will be borne by the intern.
- Interns are responsible for securing adequate medical insurance for the duration of their internship with UNDP and must provide a medical certificate of good health prior to starting the internship. UNDP will not reimburse the medical insurance of the intern. Any costs arising from accidents and illness incurred during an internship assignment will be the responsibility of the intern.
- UNDP accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to personal effects that may occur during the internship.
- Costs incurred by interns, including undertaking official travel at the request of UNDP, in the discharge of the activities related to the internship are reimbursed by UNDP on the same basis as costs incurred by staff members or costs reimbursed to staff members, including payment of daily subsistence allowance, as applicable.
The stipend will include a monthly remuneration.
- Where an intern is not financially supported by any institution or programme, such as a university, government, foundation or scholarship programme, a stipend intended to help cover basic daily expenses related to the internship, such as meals and transportation at the duty station, must be paid by the receiving office.
- The stipend will be paid on a monthly basis and part-time internship arrangements are prorated accordingly.
- Where an intern is financially supported by an institution, government or third party, UNDP will, subject to the rules of such institution, government or third party, pay the intern the difference, if any, between the external financial support provided and the applicable UNDP stipend.
- No other payments of any kind will be made to an intern by the office in connection with an internship agreement.
- Interns will accrue leave at the rate of 1 ½ days per month. Any accrued leave days not used by the end of the internship will be forfeited. Any unjustified absences during the internship period exceeding a total of nine days, will be deducted from the monthly stipend.
- There is no expectation of employment with UNDP following an internship.
Interested candidates should submit the following documents:
- Motivation letter setting out the reasons why he/she is seeking an internship with UNDP;
- a letter from his/her university confirming current enrolment and graduation date or proof of recent graduation or enrolment.
To submit your application online, please follow the steps below:
- Download and complete the UNDP PERSONAL HISTORY FORM (P11) at this link: http://www.ks.undp.org/content/kosovo/en/home/operations/jobs/
- Click on the "Apply now" button;
- Input your information in the appropriate Sections: personal information, language proficiency, education, resume and motivation. You can type in, or paste your short Resume into the last box;
- Upon completion of the first page, please hit "submit application" tab at the end of the page. On the next page, you will be asked to upload your Resume. Instead of uploading your Resume, please submit a fully completed and signed UNDP Personal History Form (P-11);
- System will only allow one attachment. All docs (P11, academic qualifications/diploma) should be included as one attachment.