Location : Prishtinë/Priština, Kosovo, UNSCR 1244 (1999)
Application Deadline : 07-Jun-21 (Midnight New York, USA)
Additional Category : Management
Type of Contract : Internship
Post Level : Intern
Languages Required : English
Starting Date : 16-Jun-2021
Duration of Initial Contract : Six  months
Expected Duration of Assignment : Six  months
UNDP is working to strengthen new frameworks for development, disaster risk reduction and climate change. We support countries' efforts to achieve the new Sustainable Development Goals, which will guide global development priorities through 2030. The key 2030 Agenda principle of leaving no one behind and stamping out inequality is at the core of everything we do.
UNDP focuses on helping countries build and share solutions in three main areas:
- Sustainable development
- Democratic governance and peacebuilding
- Climate and disaster resilience
In all our activities, we encourage the protection of human rights and the empowerment of women, minorities and the poorest and most vulnerable.
Duties and ResponsibilitiesUnder the guidance and supervision of the Operations Manager, the Intern provides operational support services ensuring high quality and accuracy of work, execution of transparent and efficient services in CO.
- Assist UNDP Operation Team with technical skills in maintain/update of the documents and data bases; scan/copy and archive documents and related files
- Analyze the key data and prepare reports and follow ups.
- Support the Operation's team in the reporting and preparing documents for reporting
- Organize OMT meetings and prepare minutes of the meetings
- Support the operations team to finalize the admin and finance activities
- Support operations team during preparation for audit and after the audit process is completed.
- Support OMT on implementation of the BOS
- Perform any other duties within the scope of work assigned by the Operations Manager.
Ensures effective and efficient functioning of the unit (operations unit), focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of administrative activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Contacts with clients and staff, arrangement of appointments, acting as minute taker when required.
- Compilation and preparation of briefing and presentation materials/documentation.
- Innovative ideas in technical aspects of the operations activities
- Any other results that might appear during the internship
Impact of Results
The key results have an impact on the efficiency of the unit. Accurate presentation of information strengthens the capacity of the office.
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the UN’s values and ethical standards.
- Contributes to promoting the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism.
Functional & Technical Competencies:
- Demonstrates an appreciation of the multicultural nature of the organization and the diversity of its staff.
- Outgoing and initiative-taking person with a goal-oriented mind-set.
- Communicates effectively when working in teams and independently.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Good in organizing and structuring various tasks and responsibilities.
- Responds positively to feedback and differing points of view.
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
- Detail-oriented, preferably with previous administrative and office management experience;
- Ability to work independently;
Required Skills and ExperienceEducation:
- Applicants to the UNDP internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate degree programme (such as a master’s programme, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (such as bachelor’s degree or equivalent);
- Have recently graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation;
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate professional traineeship program and undertake the internship as part of this program.
Field of study: Management, economics, or equivalent.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office)
- Possesses solid understanding of Communications field
- Demonstrated interest and some experience in the field of operations activities.
- Good analytical and reporting drafting skills
- Proficiency in English and Albanian, both written and verbal is required;
- Knowledge of Serbian is desirable.
- The intern will have the opportunity to:
- Participate in in-house training opportunities as applicable.
- Learn the structure, mechanisms, policies and practice areas of UNDP.
- Strengthen his/her effective writing.
General Internships Terms & Conditions:
- UNDP Internship programme is governed by the UNDP Internship policy framework & rules.
- Under the new revised UNDP internship policy, UNDP Kosovo will provide a modest monthly internship stipend to its interns, in accordance with the provisions of the UNDP Internship policy. All expenses connected with the internship will be borne by the intern.
- Interns are responsible for securing adequate medical insurance for the duration of their internship with UNDP and must provide a medical certificate of good health prior to starting the internship. UNDP will not reimburse the medical insurance of the intern. Any costs arising from accidents and illness incurred during an internship assignment will be the responsibility of the intern.
- UNDP accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to personal effects that may occur during the internship.
- Costs incurred by interns, including undertaking official travel at the request of UNDP, in the discharge of the activities related to the internship are reimbursed by UNDP on the same basis as costs incurred by staff members or costs reimbursed to staff members, including payment of daily subsistence allowance, as applicable.
- The stipend will include a monthly remuneration.
- Where an intern is not financially supported by any institution or programme, such as a university, government, foundation or scholarship programme, a stipend intended to help cover basic daily expenses related to the internship, such as meals and transportation at the duty station, must be paid by the receiving office.
- The stipend will be paid on a monthly basis and part-time internship arrangements are prorated accordingly.
- Where an intern is financially supported by an institution, government or third party, UNDP will, subject to the rules of such institution, government or third party, pay the intern the difference, if any, between the external financial support provided and the applicable UNDP stipend.
- No other payments of any kind will be made to an intern by the office in connection with an internship agreement.
- Interns will accrue leave at the rate of 1 ½ days per month. Any accrued leave days not used by the end of the internship will be forfeited. Any unjustified absences during the internship period exceeding a total of nine days, will be deducted from the monthly stipend.
There is no expectation of employment with UNDP following an internship.
Interested candidates should submit the following documents:
- Motivation letter setting out the reasons why he/she is seeking an internship with UNDP;
- a letter from his/her university confirming current enrolment and graduation date or proof of recent graduation or enrolment.
To submit your application online, please follow the steps below:
- Download and complete the UNDP PERSONAL HISTORY FORM (P11) at this link: http://www.ks.undp.org/content/kosovo/en/home/operations/jobs/
- Click on the "Apply now" button;
- Input your information in the appropriate Sections: personal information, language proficiency, education, resume and motivation. You can type in, or paste your short Resume into the last box;
- Upon completion of the first page, please hit "submit application" tab at the end of the page. On the next page, you will be asked to upload your Resume. Instead of uploading your Resume, please submit a fully completed and signed UNDP Personal History Form (P-11);
- System will only allow one attachment. All docs (P11, academic qualifications/diploma) should be included as one attachment.