As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives. It provides viable, forward-looking solutions for political, economic, ecological and social development in a globalised world. GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis. For more information see: www.giz.de
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Sustainable Municipal Services (SMS) Project offers the vacancy for:
The overall purpose of the assignment
The local intern will support the overall implementation of project activities.
Main task and responsibilities
The local intern will assume the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Supports the project team in the implementation of the project’s objectives concerning all fields of action
- Supports the International and Local experts to gather data and information
- Undertakes research upon request, systematically maintain records and retrieve necessary material mainly for waste management
- Supports the development and dissemination of public information materials
- Manages incoming and outgoing correspondence and calls
- Maintains and follows up the calendar of Project deadlines and events
- Supports the maintenance of the Project’s databases, and contributes to monitoring and reporting
- Supports administrative, organisational and logistical aspects of project activities related to working meetings, training, workshops, seminars, public events, study tours etc.
- Takes minutes during work meetings
- Supports the compilation and editing of project publications, reports and presentations
- Supports the organisation of travelling and accommodation of Project staff and incoming international experts
- Ensures guests’ and experts’ comfort
- Supports translation of documents, and interprets for International Experts
- Supports the Project team in the coordination and communication with the partner institutions/ counterparts
- Performs other duties and tasks as required
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- University degree in the field of environment, architecture or engineering, public administration or similar
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Understanding the value of the environment, ecosystem and biodiversity
- Basic knowledge of public services and Kosovo state structures
- Prior experience with analysis and research tasks
- Excellent written and oral of English language
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office and social media applications
- Well organized, service – and solution-oriented
- Good communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills
Location: GIZ Project Office-Pristina; however frequent travel to partner municipalities shall be required.
Expected start date: August 2020
Duration: The internship is offered with a negotiable duration of 3-6 monthsHow to apply?
Interested and, suitably qualified and experienced candidates are invited to submit their electronic application in English, in PDF version, to email@example.com
- CV (Europass template is recommended)
- Letter of motivation
- Diploma(s), references/recommendations
- Subject of the email: Name & Surname – Local Intern– GIZ SMS project
Applications that do not meet these rules will not be considered!
Deadline for the application: 6th August 2020
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited to the next stage of recruitment.
GIZ encourages female candidates, candidates from ethnic communities as well as candidates with disability to apply.