The United States Peace Corps program in Kosovo seeks qualified and motivated candidates for the following limited-term, part-time position.
The United States Peace Corps is a non-political, non-religious organization, which brings American Volunteers to Kosovo to work alongside counterparts teaching English in schools and working with Municipalities and NGOs on community projects. The Peace Corps is an agency of the United States Government and was founded by President John F. Kennedy in 1961. General information about Peace Corps can be found on www.peacecorps.gov.
Under the supervision of the Director of Programming & Training (DPT), and under the guidance of Peace Corps Kosovo staff, the Intern engages in learning and project activities that support the Post’s Programming, Training, Operations, and Health & Safety functions.
Based on Post’s needs, and the Intern’s areas of interest and study, the Intern will support special projects by providing general administrative support, contributing special skills, and learning through special projects. Duties may include:
- Research and Information, data and resource collection and organization;
- Data entry, compilation, and analysis;
- Materials preparation, copying, scanning, printing and filing;
- Logistical support for training events;
- Excel Spreadsheet or Database management or creation;
- Data visualization;
- Forms creation;
- Social Media outreach planning
- Graphic Design, creating infographics
- Video or Map Production
Project Learning Opportunities
Based on Post’s needs, and the Intern’s areas of interest and study, the Intern will be assigned to up to three special projects, which may be associated with the following functions:
- Program data organization
- Program outreach materials development
- Training, organization, facilitation and support
- Training materials organization or creation (documents, handouts, slides or videos)
- Administrative/Financial Operations and Office/Organization systems or forms development
- International or National Travel Safety & Health Information compilation
- Photo Bank Organization – Social Media Planning
- Creating maps or data visualizations such as graphs and infographics
Desirable Experience, Skills, Knowledge and Attitudes
- Interest in cross-cultural exchange, education, and community service and
- Excellent communication skills (written/verbal)
- English language proficiency to work virtually and in-person in multi-lingual office environment
- Commitment to collaborative team
- Time management and organizational
- Office technology skills (Minimum: email and virtual meeting platforms, Desirable: Excel, Adobe, other advanced applications that would support special projects)
- Logistics support functions (scheduling, meeting organization and logistics, )
- Strong interpersonal skills, adaptability, receptiveness to learning
- Desirable: Experience or interest in developing skills in one or more of the following areas: data management, administrative systems, GPS mapping, graphic design, website design, program or training materials development, document/form preparation, training delivery, research, and document or file organization.
- In coordination with DPT and staff mentors, develops personal development plan with learning objectives to be met through the internship.
- Completes assigned training and skills-building
- Participates in and contributes to collaborative learning activities with
- Identifies resources to support learning and actively seeks input and guidance and support from staff mentors and others, as appropriate.
Safety and Security
- Adheres to Peace Corps safety and security policies, procedures and reporting requirements and addresses and reports concerns proactively.
Supervision Received: Exercises independent responsibility in daily tasks within specific guidelines provided by the DPT. Supervisor and staff mentors will give specific directions on objectives, tasks and procedures. Supervisor and staff mentor(s) will review finished work for accuracy, effectiveness and timeliness.
Guidelines: Peace Corps manuals, instructions, standard forms and guidance from Peace Corps Kosovo and Peace Corps Headquarters.
Exercising Judgment: The Intern must be able to function independently on tasks as guided by staff.
Authority to Make Commitments: None. Has no budgeting and contracting authority.
How to Apply:
Candidates should send a current CV and the fully completed questionnaire to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not submit more documents than have been requested. Emailed applications should only contain two documents: the CV and the questionaire.
The SUBJECT LINE of this email MUST state: Application for Internship. Hard copies of applications will not be accepted.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Closing date: Applications must be received no later than midnight Wednesday, March 31, 2021 to be considered.
No phone calls or personal visits related to this vacancy will be accepted. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The Peace Corps is an equal opportunity employer.
*The selected candidate will undergo security clearance from US. Embassy in Kosovo.