Submission deadline: September 30, 2020
The Covid-19 will have a long-term impact on the future of economy, work, governance, and health. We are looking for innovative solutions that will reimagine these to help us recover from the pandemic and prepare for the future. The Innovation Challenge, hosted by UNDP and the Slovak Ministry of Finance, is accepting solutions to the effects of the pandemic in the following issue areas: new digital services and voice, low touch economies, wellbeing.
The BOOST acceleration program will support the implementation and scaling of these solutions across the Europe and Central Asia region. 15 applicants will be selected to join the BOOST acceleration program and up to five will be selected for funding. Winners will receive up to $15,000 to prototype and implement solutions. Solutions should be applied in more than one country and enhance regional collaboration in addressing the crisis.
- The applicant must be a registered entity in Europe and Central Asia, or in a consortium with an entity in the region.
- The project must be implemented in the Europe and Central Asia region.
- The project must have a regional dimension.
- Scalability: Solutions that arescalable across countries.
- Viability: Where necessary, the applicant is required to engage partners to ensure viability in the local context.
- Management: The applicant must demonstrate it has an adequate team in place and will have the capacity to implement the solution in 3–6 months
- Potential for impact: Solutions that can improve the livelihoods of the most vulnerable groups.
- Innovation: Solutions that use cutting-edge technologies, social and digital innovation tools and that transform current business models with digitalization
- Effectiveness: Solutions that demonstrate how they will tackle one of the issues areas impacted by Covid-19.
BOOST is an intensive six-month online acceleration program designed to prepare organizations and businesses to roll out their digital solutions. This will include both workshops and individual mentoring sessions taught by experienced business, med-tech, social-tech, digital technologies and impact professionals. BOOST will support a wide-range of solutions and organizations under one umbrella program.
The BOOST acceleration program will be conducted through an online-based platform which will encourage experience sharing and collaboration between teams. Each of the online sessions will be led by experienced industry experts. Mentorship and guidance will continue following the end of the training program. The solutions will be supported by our established UNDP and innovation partnership network to ensure their scalability and transformative nature.