Host Entity UNMIK
Country Kosovo (UNSC 1244)
Duty Station Pristina (KOS)
Language Skills English
Start Date 01 July 2021
Duration until 30 June 2022 with possibility of extension
Application Deadline 31 May 2021
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of the Chief Service Management Unit (CSMU) and to the Chief Field Technology Section (CFTS) or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UN Volunteer Information Communication Technology Data Analyst will:
- Provide expertise on the use and development of information management tools and platforms and identify new data analysis process improvement opportunities
- Participate in information management networks and processes to facilitate the exchange of information and the promotion of data and information standards, common platforms, and the exchange of information.
- Engage with UNMIK staffs and counterparts to identify appropriate data sources for analytics projects and ensure that information activities are coordinated and consistent with relevant standard and practices
- Collaborate with programme management officers to improve data flows, data quality, etc.
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Develop and implement various analysis, reporting and quality control capabilities.
- Produce and update information products such as reports, charts and infographics by turning data into graphical products to convey messages and a storyline.
- Draft end-user and /or technical documentation.
- Provide basic training to end –users on the use of standard systems and applications.
- Provide training to junior technical staff and users.
- Keep abreast of developments in the technology both in the UN and in the industry in general.
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent
Education - Additional Comments:
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, data science, analytics, statistics, information management, information systems or a related field.
First-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
ITIL Foundation and COMPTIA Security Plus certifications are highly desirable.
Required experience: 24 Months