Host entity UNMIK
Country Kosovo (UNSC 1244)
Location, Country Pristina (KOS)
Language skills English
Expected Starting Date 01 July 2021
Duration until 30 June 2022 with possiblity of extension
Application deadline 18 June 2021
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Description of task
The Information Analyst will work in the Joint Analysis and Reporting Unit (JARU) of UNMIK. Within limits of delegated authority, the Information Analyst will undertake the following tasks:
- Maintain an understanding of the political, security, and human rights situation in the mission area and region; follow unfolding events; work with colleagues to gather and verify information; and be able to select, confirm, and present the relevant information, with the appropriate political context, in a succinct manner (written or oral) to a variety of audiences, including senior leaders.
- Contribute to the preparation of regular reports, including but not limited to: daily situation reports, weekly situation reports, daily leadership briefings, monthly reports; and to analytical reports, special projects and special reports in close coordination with internal and external partners.
- Conduct research and analysis on a wide range of topics concerning Kosovo and the region.
- Contribute to the maintenance and optimal functioning of the incidence database SAGE.
- Undertake information collection, collation, synthesis and analysis based on open source intelligence methods.
- Conducts quantitative analysis and data visualisation in support of JARU analytical products.
- Assist in crisis response including emergency communication duties.
- Liaise with various UNMIK units and external partner organisations, such as the European Union Rule of Law Mission in Kosovo (EULEX); and, the Organisation for Security and Cooperation in Europe Mission in Kosovo.
- Undertake other related tasks assigned by Chief JARU.
Work implies frequent interaction with the following:
- Chief JARU, JARU colleagues, UNMIK staff, UN Kosovo Team staff and other international organisations partners, including KFOR, EULEX and OSCE.
Required degree level
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
Educational additional comments
- A Bachelor’s degree in the field related with political economy, international politics and intelligence related degrees with relevant experience will be accepted in lieu of Master’s degree.
- 60 Months
- Five years of progressively responsible experience in information analysis, reporting, international relations, political affairs, security, intelligence or related field is required. .
- Experience in information management, data management, GIS & mapping, data visualisation, or other related areas is desirable.
- Experience in and knowledge of the Balkans would be an asset.
Windows, as well as Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel.
Experience with analytical and visualisation software tools such as Qlik, MS Power BI, etc is desirable.
English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Area of expertise
Geographic information systems (GIS) and remote sensing