Location : Prishtina, Kosovo, UNSCR 1244 (1999)
Application Deadline : 23-Nov-20 (Midnight New York, USA)
Additional Category : Democratic Governance and Peacebuilding
Type of Contract : Individual Contract
Post Level : National Consultant
Languages Required : English
Starting Date : 03-Dec-2020
Duration of Initial Contract : 03 December 2020 – 25 December 2020 (10 working days within this period)
Expected Duration of Assignment : 03 December 2020 – 25 December 2020 (10 working days within this period)
The Law on Protection from Discrimination (LPD) which relates directly to the Human Rights, is broadly in line with European and international standards. However, the implementation of the Law has not seen any substantive progress since its adoption in 2015. Although the Law establishes a general framework for preventing and combating discrimination, rule of law institutions, including the local and central administrative ones have difficulties in fully implementing certain provisions of the law.
Central and municipal officials designated as officers for the protection of human rights and discrimination at local and central level must have the knowledge and skills to fully perform their duties and responsibilities.
Equally important, the role of legal professional associates in courts is critical in supporting judges and prosecutors in their daily work when applying the law on anti-discrimination in this case. UNDP supported the Academy of Justice (AoJ) develop a training curriculum on anti-discrimination as part of the AoJ Continuous Legal Education Programme. This was achieved through extensive focus group discussions with stakeholders such as: legal practitioners, Human Rights and Gender Equality officers including officers working in anti-discrimination offices, local and central institutions.
Following are the key the areas of the training curricula on anti-discrimination which UNDP will now support to implement: Introduction of human rights, including the practice of the European Convention on Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms and national legislation in court procedures and decisions; Rights and obligations deriving from the Law on Protection from Discrimination, with a focus on accountability, legal remedies and procedural mechanisms within the Law on Protection from Discrimination.
Objectives of Assignment
Develop the capacities of the Human Rights, Discrimination, Gender Officers from local and central institutions and the legal professional associates of courts in the field of anti-discrimination.
Duties and ResponsibilitiesUnder the supervision of the Project Manager, the Human Rights and Anti-discrimination trainer shall:
- Prepare the training materials from the newly developed anti-discrimination curricula
- Deliver the trainings
- Prepare a final evaluation report on the training methodology and impact
Expected Outputs and Deliverables
- Prepare the training materials presentation and handouts for training workshops (4 working days)
- Training on introduction of human rights, including the practice of the European Convention on Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms and national legislation in court procedures and decisions (2 working days)
- Training on Rights and obligations deriving from the Law on Protection from Discrimination, with a focus on accountability, legal remedies and procedural mechanisms within the LPD (2 working days)
- Prepare a final evaluation report on the training methodology (2 working days)
Scope of price proposal and schedule of payments
Remuneration - Lump Sum Amount:
The Contract is based on lump sum remuneration and shall be processed subject to deliverables as per the schedule listed below:
- First instalment: Preparation of the training materials– 50%
- Second instalment: Final evaluation report on the training methodology – 50%
Required Presentation of Offer:
The following documents are required to be submitted:
- Updated P11/ CV, indicating all past experience from similar projects, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the candidate and at least three professional references.
- Letter of Confirmation of Interest and Availability
- Sample methodology on how to conduct qualitative analysis on mediation;
- Financial Proposal that indicates professional daily fee including total amount for whole duration of the assignment (lump sum amount)
- Copy of Diplomas and copy of Passport or National ID
Criteria for selection of the Best Offer
Offers will be evaluated utilizing a combined Scoring method – where the qualifications, technical proposal and interview will be weighted a max. of 70% and combined with the price offer which will be weighted a max of 30
- Demonstrates/safeguards ethics and integrity;
- Acts as a team player and facilitating teamwork;
- Facilitates and encourages open communication and creates synergies;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Treats all people fairly without favouritism;
- Demonstrates experience in gender equality.
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, demonstrated ability to build trust;
- Responds positively to new approaches;
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding the position;
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet needs and deadlines;
- Good analytical skills; able to exercise sound judgement.
Required Skills and ExperienceEducation:
- MA Law Degree in Human Rights, or another related field.
- A minimum of 5 years professional experience related to human rights and rule of law;
- Excellent knowledge on Kosovo’s legal framework;
- Experience in developing and conducting trainings
- Excellent verbal and written in Albanian and English are required. Proficient knowledge of Serbian is an asset.
- Experience working with Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Click on the "Apply now" button;
- Input your information in the appropriate sections: personal information, language proficiency, education, resume and motivation; you can type in, or paste your short Resume into the last box;
- Upon completion of the first page, please hit "submit application" tab at the end of the page. On the next page, you will be asked to upload your Resume;
- System will only allow one attachment. All docs (CV; P11; financial offer; list of similar profiles should be included as one attachment).
- Please make sure to submit all the requested documents/information; otherwise, your application will be considered incomplete.