ISSUED BY OSCE Mission in Kosovo
VACANCY NUMBER VNKOSC02303
VACANCY TYPE International Contracted
FIELD OF EXPERTISE Human Resources Management
NUMBER OF POSTS 1
DUTY STATION Prishtine / Pristina
DATE OF ISSUE 18 December 2020
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION 14 January 2021 - 23:59 Central European Time (CET/CEST)
Please note that this is a short-term appointment for Human Resources Officer post,with initial 6 months duration with further possibility of extension for up to 12 months.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Mission in Kosovo, please see: http://www.osce.org/mission-in-kosovo
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision from the Chief, Human Resources Management the incumbent performs the following duties:
- Interprets and applies the OSCE HR policies, OSCE Regulations and Rules of all staff categories in the Mission. Assists and advises the Chief, Human Resources Management on matters relating to implementation of OSCE Human Resources policies. Assists in drafting requests for exception from HR regulatory framework, when needed;
- Provides assistance to supervisors during the job description drafting phase, coordinates the classification process with OSCE Secretariat, explains the results of job classification reviews and coordinates the implementation procedure of the classification results. Assures that the Job Descriptions are factual and up-to date;
- Coordinates and manages the recruitment activities in the Mission. Makes recommendations for ensuring that current and future human resources requirements are met in an effective and timely manner. Coordinates drafting of vacancy notices. Actively participates as panel member and secretary in the recruitment boards;
- Assures that the recruitment files are timely updated and information is stored in manner that allows statistical overview and analysis;
- Ensures maintenance of the staffing and post tables;
- Participates in workforce planning process, including recommendations for actions in terms of recruitment and restructuring. Adjusts priorities in recruitment and justifies such decisions vis-à-vis senior management;
- Analyses and evaluates requests from programme managers and staff taking into account the needs and the OSCE HR policies, the OSCE Regulations and Rules and recommends solutions, including creation of precedents with respect to sensitive cases;
- Plans, organizes and conducts training and briefing sections with regard to job classification system and standard recruitment procedures;
- Performs related duties as required, acts as an Officer in Charge during absences of the Chief Human Resources Management.
General Minimum Requirements
The general minimum requirements for working with the OSCE are:
- Excellent physical condition
- Possession of a valid automobile driving license and ability to drive using manual transmission
- Ability to cope with physical hardship and willingness to work extra hours and in an environment with limited Infrastructure
Field of Expertise Requirements
The general minimum requirements for working in this field of expertise are:
- University education in human resources, personnel management, public/business administration, or related field or proven professional experience in personnel management and administration, including recruiting, contracting and entitlements administration
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills Level of Professional Competence Requirements
Furthermore, this level of responsibility requires the following: Education:
- Advanced degree in a relevant field
- Minimum 6 years of relevant professional experience
Mission Specific Requirements Additionally, this particular post has specific requirements:
- University degree in human resources, business administration, psychology, or related field;
- At least 6 years of previous experience in human resources, preferably with a focus on recruitment and planning;
- Very good understanding of human resources management practices in an international environment;
- Excellent presentation, writing and communication skills, as well as thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office programs;
- Excellent organizational skills, with ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines, manage multiple tasks and process large amounts of information;
- Professional fluency in written and spoken English;
- Ability and willingness to work as a team member and with people of different cultural and religious backgrounds while maintaining impartiality and objectivity with tact and diplomacy in dealing with both external persons and multinational staff;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities, and in particular into project management practices
- An advanced university degree is required in Public or Business Administration, Management, Law, or a related field
Short term international contracted mission members temporarily appointed against a seconded post shall only be entitled to equivalent of the board and lodging allowance [BLA] applicable at the duty station concerned (currently 116 EUR per day).
Social Benefits will include possibility of participation in the CIGNA health insurance scheme.
How to apply:
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org/vacancies.
Please note that vacancies in the OSCE are open for competition only amongst nationals of participating States, please see http://www.osce.org/states. Please note that nationals or permanent residents of the country of the duty station are not eligible to apply.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization. Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.