PLAY INTERNATIONAL IS LOOKING FOR A FULL TIME HEAD OF MISSION TO LEAD PLAY’S OPERATIONS IN KOSOVO AND THE WESTERN BALKANS
This Senior Management position provides overall leadership for the PLAY International Mission in Kosovo and the Western Balkans. The Head of Mission is both the key link between the country operation and the Headquarters in Paris, and the glue that binds the different aspects of the Mission’s work together. Whilst being responsible for the overall success of the Mission, the key areas of focus include strategic planning, fundraising, human resource management, partnerships development, public relations and financial oversight.
IMPORTANT: Please click on the link (http://bit.ly/PLAYHoMKosovo) to download and read the Job Description before applying.
Skills and Experience Required
- Master’s Degree in International Relations, Humanitarian action, Political Sciences, Management or another related subject.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as Head of Mission or similar position;
- Previous experience in fundraising and public relations;
- Previous experience in reporting to donors and knowledge of donor requirements (UN, EU etc);
- Minimum 3 years of experience managing 3 or more staff;
- Knowledge of accounting software (eg. SAGA, QuickBooks) and prior experience in finance or budget management.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Leadership skills;
- Strong organization and planning skills;
- Management of stress and priorities; ability to work transversally on various projects and with different teams;
- Strong teamwork skills;
- Interest in developing new projects, identifying new opportunities and contributing to the development of the Balkans region;
- Interest in the field of development, non-formal education and inter-ethnic dialogue;
- Interest or experience working in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic and gender-balanced environment;
- Interest and/or practice of a sport.
- English (Essential): native speaker or equivalent (written and spoken)
- French (Desirable)
- Albanian and/or Serbian is a plus
This is a French permanent contract (CDI) with benefits including annual flights home and international health insurance. Post-holders must be available to work in Kosovo.
Please send a CV (no more than two A4 pages), and cover letter (no more than one A4 page). All applications must be in English.
Please send your application (CV, Cover Letter) to: email@example.com
The application deadline is 23.59 on Sunday 27 September 2020. Interviews will be held by the end of October, and the position will begin in December 2020.
Please note: Incomplete / Incorrect applications will be automatically rejected. Due to the high number of candidates, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have applied, but not heard from us by the end of October 2020, please assume that your application has not been successful.
PLAY International is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and is keen to reflect the diversity of Kosovo society at every level within the organization. We welcome applications from all sections of society. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria.