Position: CAPE General Manager
Open To: All LES staff and Public
Opening Date: 9.16.21
Closing Date: 10.1.21
Hours: 40 Hours per week
Salary: €1200 (EUR) per month
Length of Hire: Full Time Position with Employee association
CAPE – The Cooperative Association of Pristina Employees, located withing the U.S. Embassy in Pristina, is seeking an individual for the position of General Manager. THIS IS NOT A U.S. GOVERNMENT POSITION, NOR DOES THIS POSITION FALL UNDER THE U.S. EMBASSY.
The CAPE Manager:
- Works under the direction of the seven member CAPE Board to direct and participate in the daily operations of the employee association. CAPE provides goods, services and facilities primarily for the benefit of U.S. Government employees and their families, and embassy staff. The CAPE Commissary is the central operation out of which a number of goods and services are provided to the community.
- Directs and coordinates activities of the commissary to provide customers with a selection of food, merchandise and other products; determines quantities of merchandise to stock; keeps inventory records; prepares requisitions or buys merchandise to maintain inventory; keeps accurate records pertaining to purchases, sales and
- Solicits and oversees services made available at CAPE which include: Dry Cleaning, Tailor, Cobbler, Car-Rentals, Travel, Gardening, Internet/Cable TV and TV Rentals.
- Oversees the establishment and management of facilities which include: Cafeteria, Coffee Bar, Fitness Center, and potentially in the future, the Pool and
- Coordinates with “Commissary and Recreation Affairs” and Post Management, to ensure compliance. The Manager should also ensure compliance with 6 FAM 500.
- Manages CAPE staff, to include coaching, training, scheduling, and communicating Board approved actions to your staff.
- Must have 2 years management experience in retail or food and beverage along with some accounting background.
The General Manager position is a fun, rewarding and unique opportunity to contribute to the mission in Kosovo. Your duties will give you insight into running a business, provide great opportunities to meet people both within the embassy as well as local business owners. You will have a chance to be creative, solve puzzles and address challenges. As our operations are growing, it is an exciting time to be a part of CAPE!
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): CAPE (Cooperative Association of Pristina Employees) provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation
Resumes can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org and HalburHS@state.gov