GBV Programme Assistant - UNFPA Kosovo
Location : Zveçani/Zvecan, Kosovo, UNSCR 1244 (1999)
Application Deadline : 11-Jul-21 (Midnight New York, USA)
Additional Category : HIV, Health and Development
Type of Contract : Service Contract
Post Level : SB-3
Languages Required : English
Starting Date : 02-Aug-2021
Duration of Initial Contract : One (1) year, with possibility of extension
Expected Duration of Assignment : One (1) year, with possibility of extension
The GBV Project Assistant supports the planning, implementation of the GBV component of UNFPA Kosovo program by providing and managing data inputs, providing programme, logistical and administrative support, monitoring project implementation and following up on recommendations.
S/he contributes to establishing and maintaining good working relationships with related government officials, with civil society representatives, UNKT, Academia and all other related partners. The main areas of responsibility of the GBV Project Assistant will be the provision of programming, administrative and financial support to UNFPA Kosovo Office.
Duties and ResponsibilitiesThe GBV Programme Assistant provides programme, administrative and financial support to the programme and operations team in the implementation of Kosovo programme.
The Programme Assistant works with and provides support to the members of the UNFPA Kosovo Country Office team and will maintain contacts with staff and other personnel to promote achievement of common goals and shared objectives as well as demonstrate personal commitment to UNFPA’s mandate and organizational vision.
Both internal and external contacts include exchange of information on broader aspects of the work area, which may include providing clarification of non-routine matters requiring technical input.
GBV Programme Assistant would be responsible for the following:
- Support and facilitate routine implementation of assigned UNFPA GBV component of UNFPA Kosovo programme, coordinate the delivery of project inputs, ensure participation of national counterparts in training activities, workshops and relevant meetings.
- Contribute to the preparation of programme and financial reports and follow up actions by collecting information, preparing tables, drafting selected sections of the report etc.
- Assist in developing tools and mechanisms for effective and efficient implementation of programme and project budgets
- Assist to Kosovo office programme by providing information for controlling allotments, monitoring expenditures and preparing budget revisions.
- Provides significant input into arranging programme activities, including supporting programme officers in preparation of budget, arranging venues, materials, helping in preparation of the presentations.
- Draft minutes of meetings and workshops organized and chaired by UNFPA office, including organizing the venue and other logistical engagements
- Ensures coordination with UNKT team on UNSDCF; participate in the SGG meetings etc.
- Ensure timely reporting of UNFPA program and financial component on GBV to relevant offices and colleagues
- Translate and drafts letters and other programme documents as well as provides oral translation as may be assigned by country office management;
- Provide logistical support to GBV component of UNFPA Kosovo programme, coordinate review meetings, and other project related workshops and events.
- Support the advocacy, communication and resource mobilization strategy of the UNFPA Kosovo Office by compiling relevant background materials and prepare briefs and summaries of media coverage related to GBV project and for use in discussions and public events.
- Maintain data base of donor and media public information contacts with focus on Serbian media.
- Provide significant input into arranging programme activities, including supporting programme officers in preparation of budget, arranging venues, materials, helping in preparation of the presentations.
- Compile relevant background materials and prepares briefs and summaries if requested. Maintain database of public information contacts and potential donors.
- Arranges programme meetings, including organizing the venue, preparing draft minutes of programme meetings, communicating draft minutes to the participants and receiving feedback. Ensures quality and completeness of filing of programme documents.
- Assists in the archiving, filing, and maintenance of up to date electronic mailing lists on programme and technical matters.
- Undertake all logistical, administrative and financial arrangements required for the successful planning and delivery of technical workshops, inter-agency meetings, panel discussions, roundtables, missions, and other events organized by the program officers in close collaboration with the operations team. This may include liaising with event management companies and caterers supporting the procurement process for these and related services.
- Provide logistical support to programme events by gathering and compiling data and information for the preparation of events documents, speeches and position papers. This includes (but is not necessarily limited to) preparing and distributing COA authorization letters; collecting and following up on nominations and registration; preparing list of participants; managing programme related travel and visa requirements, circulating events materials.
- Perform assigned tasks within Global Programming System for UNFPA project management and assists in the implementation of HACT assurance activities (spot check, audit, micro-assessment, etc.)
- Perform ATLAS functions related to the GBV project
- Exemplifying integrity
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system
- Embracing cultural diversity
- Embracing change
- Providing logistical support
- Managing data
- Managing documents, correspondence and reports
- Managing information and work flow
- Planning, organizing and multitasking
- Achieving results
- Being accountable
- Developing and applying professional expertise/ business acumen
- Thinking analytically and strategically
- Working in teams/ managing ourselves and our relationships
- Communicating for impact
Required Skills and ExperienceQualifications and Experience
- Completed secondary level education required. First level university degree desirable.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 5 years of previous relevant experience in administration or project/programme management;
- Previous experience in the UN or other international organization is an asset;
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Computer literacy - Word, Excel, Power-point, etc.
- Knowledge of Atlas/PeopleSoft or other ERP system is an asset;
- Good writing and communication skills.
- Fluency in English and Serbian is required; knowledge of Albanian language, is desirable.
All interested candidates must complete the UNDP PERSONAL HISTORY FORM (P11). Without the completed and signed P11 Form, your application will not be considered. P11 Form can be downloaded at http://www.ks.undp.org/content/kosovo/en/home/operations/jobs/
To submit your application online, please follow the steps below:
- Download and complete the the UNDP PERSONAL HISTORY FORM (P11);
- Click on the "Apply now" button;
- Input your information in the appropriate Sections: personal information, language proficiency, education, resume and motivation. You can type in, or paste your short Resume into the last box;
- Upon completion of the first page, please hit "submit application" tab at the end of the page. On the next page, you will be asked to upload your Resume. Instead of uploading your Resume, please submit a fully completed and signed UNDP Personal History Form (P-11);
- System will only allow one attachment. All docs (P11, academic qualifications/diploma) should be included as one attachment.