As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives. It provides viable, forward-looking solutions for political, economic, ecological and social development in a globalised world. GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis. For more information see: www.giz.de
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Country Office is seeking to fill the position of:
The overall purpose of the post
The Finance Assistant performs his/her duties under the instruction of the Deputy Head of Finance of the Country Office. He/she will be in charge to support and ensure an efficient day-to-day running of the finance office and will implement procedures, policies, and regulations.
Main Tasks and responsibilities
The finance assistant:
- Maintains and enters data accurately into the in-house bookkeeping software;
- Processes invoices and prepares bank transfers and/or other bank documents;
- Ensures availability of funds to meet ongoing operational requirements (Bank & Patty Cash);
- Supports projects in preparing monthly budgets;
- Sees that processes are correct and in accordance with GIZ financial management and bookkeeping procedures and rules;
- Answers internal and external finance queries;
- Is responsible for the filing of accounting and other financial documents and treats all information confidentially;
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of the management.
Required qualifications, competencies and experience
- University degree in an area of Finance and Accounting, Business Administration.
- At least 3 years professional experience in finance and accounting.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies, MS Office, mastering of MS EXCEL is a must;
- Excellent written and oral knowledge of English; German will be considered as an advantage;
- Very good communication skills, esp. in dealing with people on different levels and with different backgrounds;
- Organisational and time-management skills and initiative;
- Attention to detail with an ability to spot numerical errors and deadline-oriented;
- Loyalty and confidentiality;
- Capacity to work as a team member.
Location: GIZ Office-Pristina
Expected start date: June/July 2021
How to apply?
Interested and, suitably qualified and experienced candidates are invited to submit their electronic application in English, in PDF version, to email@example.com
- CV (Europass template is recommended);
- Letter of motivation;
- Diploma(s), references/recommendations;
- Subject of the email: Name & Surname – Finance Assistant -Country Office.
Applications that do not meet these rules will not be considered!
Deadline for the application: 6 June 2021
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited to the next stage of recruitment.
GIZ encourages female candidates, candidates from ethnic communities as well as candidates with disability to apply.