- Position: Finance and Administrative Grants Assistant
- Work base: RYCO Head Office, Tirana, Albania
- Starting date of the contract: 3 August 2020
- Duration of the contract: December 2020 with possibility of extension
- Supported by: The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Poland
RYCO is an intergovernmental organization that stewards and promotes regional, cross-border and intercultural cooperation within and among its six Western Balkan Contracting Parties: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo*, Montenegro, North Macedonia and Serbia. RYCO’s program focuses on creating opportunities for young people to engage in activities that build mutual understanding and reconciliation in the civic, social, educational, cultural, and sports domains. RYCO initiates and participates in policy making and advocates for reform. It supports the development of a political and social environment that empowers and facilitates youth exchange. A key instrument enabling RYCO to fulfill its mission is grant-making; developing tailored calls for proposals that enable CSOs and schools to engage in initiatives that contribute to mutual understanding of youth from various communities across RYCO’s Contracting Parties, thus contributing to reconciliation and youth participation.
The Finance and Administrative Grants Assistant supports the management of RYCO’s grant-making in view of their compliance with RYCO’s procedures and alignment with RYCO’s strategic objectives. S/he works under the direct supervision of the Grants Officer.
- Assists in coordination of the work of the programmatic mentors by following up on their direct communication with our beneficiaries;
- Organizes the training of the mentors by dealing with all the necessary logistics of the event;
- Contributes to the revision (including through drafting support) of open call documents ;
- Prepares budget clearance comments (and communicate with selected grantees accordingly);
- Supports the preparation of grant contracts;
- Provides timely and accurate answers to grantees’ contractual and financial questions;
- Supports the performance of on spot checks (travel through the WB, as needed) selected projects, and helps others (as focal point) prepare for this task effectively;
- Supports the review of grantees financial reports;
- Ensures that RYCO’s grant-making archive and database is up-to-date;
- Contributes to internal learning around grant-making;
- In concert with the GO, identifies the budgetary needs of RYCO’s grant-making function and contribute to internal planning processes accordingly;
- Nationality of one of the RYCO Contracting Parties;
- Bachelor degree in finance, business and management or related field;
- Minimum one year of professional experience in project/financial management with international/ regional/governmental or non-governmental organizations;
- Good understanding of funding management and project administration;
- Experience and ability to work in intercultural environment;
- Ability to identify, obtain and analyze information from a variety of sources;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office;
- Proficiency in English;
- Knowledge of Albanian, Bosnian, Croatian, Macedonian, Montenegrin and/or Serbian would be an asset;
- Previous experience with administrative and financial management of projects focusing on youth, intercultural and reconciliation related projects will be an asset;
- Previous experience/familiarity with UN agencies, EU funded projects and major bilateral donors is desirable.
Interested and qualified candidates need to enclose following documents to the application:
- Application Form (Please indicate in your Application Form the position you are applying for)
- CV (Europass CV format)
- Scanned copy of higher education degree
- Scanned passport copy
- Two written letters of recommendation
The Application Form, the two letters of recommendation and the Europass CV must be in English. Additional documents will be required for shortlisted candidates.
Applications can be submitted by e-mail only.
If you are interested to apply for this position and you fulfill all the criteria, please send your application containing all necessary documents by email to email@example.com no later than 10 July 2020, 17:00 (CET).
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview